• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you know the difference between antlers and horns?

• unsure=They are the same thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Do you know the difference? Kinda like the clip or magazine...I hate antlers being called horns...

yotaboy24

Mar 12, 2009
    Antlers fall every year and horns never fall?? Probably wrong but just a honest no googling guess lol.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Antlers are shed, horns are not. Deer have antlers, as do elk, moose, and stags. Sheep, goats, and cattle have horns. Pronghorns have horns, too. They're a separate genus to everything else currently on the planet.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Yeah I agree with you too Wil. It's Antlers. Not Horns. ( and I will correct them everytime )

It's sort of like when people see me dressed in full camo and ask that all time dumb question...

You going hunting ?

Yep.

Did you catch anything yet ? :sad20:

Nope and I even been trying some new Buck Tail jigs too. :D

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah, I REALLY hate the "Did ya catch anything?" when I go back to work after huntin season.

I usually just say "Yep, but I dont practice catch and release"

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Yeah, I REALLY hate the "Did ya catch anything?" when I go back to work after huntin season.

LOL yeah that's good too. I just dreamed up the BuckTail reply and it makes the goofy look on their faces even more hilariously because you can tell they have no clue what a BuckTail is. But you know what they assume.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Yeah I agree with you too Wil. It's Antlers. Not Horns. ( and I will correct them everytime )

It's sort of like when people see me dressed in full camo and ask that all time dumb question...

You going hunting ?

Yep.

Did you catch anything yet ? :sad20:

Nope and I even been trying some new Buck Tail jigs too. :D

LOL yeah that's good too. I just dreamed up the BuckTail reply and it makes the goofy look on their faces even more hilariously because you can tell they have no clue what a BuckTail is. But you know what they assume.

:lol:

I hate the 20 questions game after they ask or find out you hunt...:lol2::sad20: what do you hunt? next question is aaaww why? they are so cute:sad20:.. what do you hunt with?

I want to say are you really interested or are you going to bash me for hunting??:lol2::sad20:

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    catch anything?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    :lol:

I hate the 20 questions game after they ask or find out you hunt...:lol2::sad20: what do you hunt? next question is aaaww why? they are so cute:sad20:.. what do you hunt with?

I want to say are you really interested or are you going to bash me for hunting??:lol2::sad20:

After that question I completely ignore their ignorance and walk away not uttering another word to them.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    sometimes its family..:sad20::sad20:prob why I don't speak to them much!:lol2: last family member that asked that...I said cute?? more like tasty!

I do like making Vegans and PETA supporters mad. I thrive on those moments when I can beat them down with the fact that they are eating plants that have feelings. They like to tell me that you can grow more vegetables...

I can only assume there's only one Deer in this world ?

Vegetarians and PETA members are some of the dumbest people I have ever met.

Back to the topic. Sorry for that.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I do like making Vegans and PETA supporters mad. I thrive on those moments when I can beat them down with the fact that they are eating plants that have feelings. They like to tell me that you can grow more vegetables...

So why do you bash People for the Eating of Tasty Animals? :D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

yeah my family is a little weird they are sort of vegan:lol2:...they will eat a little chicken or fish...but not red meat.. I guess chicken or fish isn't meat:sad20::innocent0:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom