• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotaboy24

Mar 12, 2009
    This will be my third year hunting liberty. The first year I took 4 deer and there were plenty deer there till the end of the season, also saw quite afew decent bucks. Last year only took 1 doe, and didn't see so many deer. I didn't change anything, not even the tree I sit in. I went out opening weekend and saw maybe 8 deer including a spike buck in velvet. I have only been out twice since then and have seen nothing. I guess I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed a decline or is it still too early to say?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    What part I have a farm I hunt that borders liberty on three sides near nicademus, and ivy mill.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Definitely a decline of deer in Liberty and Prettyboy Reservoir's in the past decade. I believe the decline is mainly due to the early muzzleloader season and housing being built on the edges of reservoir property. With mostly no surrounding corn fields that used to line most of the edges of Maryland reservoir property...deprives the chance for deer to eat and hide in the cornfields. Packs of wild dogs, or dogs that are let loose from homes to roam around in the woods also figure in the decline of deer herds; including coyote packs.

The early Maryland muzzleloader season --- that begins before the main rut --- deprives the right of many deer too procreate.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Plenty of deer in the Liberty Reservoir area. You must be looking in the wrong place. I live next to Liberty and see them all the time.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Then the States plan for controlling the deer population is working.:rolleyes: Would you rather a bunch starve in February?

I beg to disagree. The only bunch that is going to starve...are human family's that depend on deer venison from hunting and road kill; in certain portions of Maryland.

IMO...The Maryland DNR is in cahoots with the automobile insurance industry, in order to decimate the Maryland deer herd to the levels of post market hunting for deer in the 1930's.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was fishing bollinger mill today and saw quite a few on the drive down and across the water. Nicodemus at night is loaded with them. Running deer estates is a prime location. Make friend with someone back there.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Just got home from there, lots of pressure has pushed them into different places. If you are willing to walk further then everyone else you find them again. I do think the population has declined on the Baltimore county side though with the unlimited doe harvest. Good luck to you and stay safe.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    What part of liberty? The watershed stretches from liberty road through 140 going into carrol co

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom