• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Maybe its time for a "open carry long gun day", imagine every long gun owner, in every town and city across the state, long guns everywhere, a boycott of "may issue". If One day dosent do it then we'll do it once a month, televise it, publicize it, shout it from the roof tops...its legal, its coming, let them prepare for it....let them envision it, let them stew on it. If that dosent open their minds to shall issue ccw then nothing will. Dosent have to be AR's, shotguns, bolts, levers, even just a stock, wood or cardboard silhouette slung over the shoulder.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This is what I meant by "Interesting".

I see Maryland going full retard spiteful.

With the MGA passing new laws.

Things like: Out of state reciprocity is only good for passing through the state. You can wear/carry your handgun, but you can't stop anywhere. Every square inch of Maryland will become a restricted area.

I doubt that would fly once in court but it wouldn't stop them from passing it and then daring people to to be the first test case. After all, it's easy to violate the rights of people with blatantly bogus laws when you aren't the one who has to pay out in the lawsuit.

One thing I think you will without a doubt see if this passes is Frosh and the same cast of clowns across the nation who sued over the travel ban filing suits in friendly liberal courts to try to block or delay the implementation.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    This will probably not pass, but tying it to the fix nics bill will kill that too. That’s a good thing if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    It will be interesting to see what happens if it makes it to the Presidents desk and becomes law.

If passed, before the day is over frosh will sue trump.

Let’s say this passes but only effects resident permits. It will still allow for people out of state to carry in the state. With all the guns flooding in and no crime coming from those added guns. It could help with arguing the point that legal gun owners with valid permits did not cause Maryland crime to spike despite the dems screaming about it.

Could help sway some middle grounders.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am confused, frosh and the rest of the idiots sued trump over his executive order on the travel ban. Now how do they die trump if congress passes a law? What does trump have to do with it other than signing it into law?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm just saying the same state attorney generals who sued over the travel ban will be in federal court suing to block implementation of this law if it passes. I don't know if they'll be suing Trump or naming someone else. But you can bet they will be fighting it in court at state taxpayers' expense just to drag it out.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It's Baron von Frosh, as frontman for Curran & Co.

They'll find a way.

I'm just saying the same state attorney generals who sued over the travel ban will be in federal court suing to block implementation of this law if it passes. I don't know if they'll be suing Trump or naming someone else. But you can bet they will be fighting it in court at state taxpayers' expense just to drag it out.

I get it, I just thought I forgot something from civics. Politics suck

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    What loss of tax revenue? How so?

Sell your house to someone else with similar income and real estate tax?

Decreasing property values and resulting loss of real estate tax would get their attention, but who is willing to take a loss on their house?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nope, it's net MD state tax revenue loss. Housing taxes pay for county services, not state income. The*smart* person that left no longer pays MD taxes.

Regarding the housing, there are always people filtering into housing from renting, and filtering from smaller houses to larger houses. The net gain/loss for the county is essentially zero.

There would have to an exceptionally large out migration of people to affect the real estate tax. It would be driven by something negative that would keep people out of a particular area, such as nuclear accident or proximity, chemical spill, or perhaps a loss of a major employer.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Nope, it's net MD state tax revenue loss. Housing taxes pay for county services, not state income. The*smart* person that left no longer pays MD taxes.

Regarding the housing, there are always people filtering into housing from renting, and filtering from smaller houses to larger houses. The net gain/loss for the county is essentially zero.

There would have to an exceptionally large out migration of people to affect the real estate tax. It would be driven by something negative that would keep people out of a particular area, such as nuclear accident or proximity, chemical spill, or perhaps a loss of a major employer.

Uh, I said the same thing, except for first sentence - there is no MD tax loss, not at state level and not at county level.

The *smart* person who left doesn't pay MD tax, but the person who replaces him does.

0 net effect to MD.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I'm not holding my breath that this will get through the senate. Actually, I don't believe that it will get a single democrat vote unless it also combines the background check strengthening from the house and possibly a bump stock ban. I actually don't care about the background check change.

I'm still concerned that national reciprocity would cause MD to pass additional laws restricting where you can carry and possibly increasing or changing liability for carrying. Basically that could make it highly undesirable to carry in the state for everyone.

If they can get this passed, Frosh will try to sue everyone in Washington with our tax dollars. MSI and other groups should sue the state of MD for equal protection. We will be waiting a long time until it all gets sorted out.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Maybe its time for a "open carry long gun day", imagine every long gun owner, in every town and city across the state, long guns everywhere, a boycott of "may issue". If One day dosent do it then we'll do it once a month, televise it, publicize it, shout it from the roof tops...its legal, its coming, let them prepare for it....let them envision it, let them stew on it. If that dosent open their minds to shall issue ccw then nothing will. Dosent have to be AR's, shotguns, bolts, levers, even just a stock, wood or cardboard silhouette slung over the shoulder.

That is called the first day of deer season :toothless

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    I'm cautiously optimistic. About 5% of the national population has a CCW. (https://tinyurl.com/ydegzlg5) That's a huge demographic. There aren't very many Senate races that have a final spread of more than five percent. It's doubtful that many (any?) of those 10 "at-risk" Democratic senators would chance alienating what could amount to the winning margin. I do expect the senate leadership to link S446 to the FixNics bill to give political cover to those senators that require it.

So, like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    If this passes I can see the MGA placing all kinds of restrictions on carry in MD. They will create more gun free zones, limit carry guns to 5 or 7 rounds, make printing equate to brandishing, etc. I don't think the MGA will move toward Shall Issue, they will make it as difficult as possible for anyone to carry in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom