• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Since the season is winding down, a lot of places will be having clearance sales on trail cameras. I'd like to pick up three or four of them without breaking the bank. Dick's had Moultrie D5 cameras on sale for $69.98. Are Moultrie's decent? http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...&cp=4406646.4413993.4414427.12112583.13218606 I saw these in one of the stores for that much.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Can anyone recommend a good way to attach them to keep thieves at bay? Also any way to further camo them for this? I'd like to put some up at the new property after settlement.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Can anyone recommend a good way to attach them to keep thieves at bay? Also any way to further camo them for this? I'd like to put some up at the new property after settlement.

they have a python lock (cable) that you can run it through the back of the camera...but if they want it bad enough they will cut the cable...

I made--cut and welded my own box out of 1/8 steel...and Lag bolted it to a big tree with 2 locks...could they get it off? sure but it wont be easy...they also have premade ones but those are flimsy but may deter the average person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom