• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    As I said in another forum, I just picked up a .50 beowulf upper at the Easton show. I was wondering what you would suggest for some upgrades. I'm looking for a medium range scope with high shock resistance and I want to replace the stock rail for a pitcanny rail. Also what kind of lower would work best for this caliber. Thanks for the help.

PS. I will post pics as soon as I can.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    As I said in another forum, I just picked up a .50 beowulf upper at the Easton show. I was wondering what you would suggest for some upgrades. I'm looking for a medium range scope with high shock resistance and I want to replace the stock rail for a pitcanny rail. Also what kind of lower would work best for this caliber. Thanks for the help.

PS. I will post pics as soon as I can.

are you using this for HD? :party29:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Definitely a fun caliber, owning one is on my list. Especially given you don't have to sacrifice a pre-FSA lower (at least for now).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The 'Wulf is a short-medium range rifle (100-150 yard rifle, max.) I have a Aimpoint PRO on mine; they're a blast to shoot.

Pretty much sums it up above. :thumbsup:

I had a 16.5" AA model, it killed a few magnified optics - but of all things, a 2x7 power Center-Point muzzle-loader scope survived, and held a repeatable zero. But honestly, a PRO is the 'one and done' option.

If you get froggy, you can start lobbing them in, but after 250 yards - you're really going to have to work for hits.

This steel silhouette was at 200 (IIRC), and it wasn't a 'given' to ring the steel, took a few rounds to even get that single hit. After that hit, I was content to call it a day.

DSC06.jpg

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'd recommend the Vortex Strikefire II. It has worked well on my SBR 50B but I've not had many rounds through it yet. With the Vortex No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty, I think I'm safe.

I have owned many 50 Beowulf rifles over the years. I have sold them all except the SBR. It's a 10.5" barrel and am good with that. It's a fun toy and a handy SFTF heavy hitter.

The only other toy to add may be the FAB cushioned butt stock. It helps with the recoil a bit. The rifle isn't bad to shoot, but it does absorb some of the jolt allowing faster follow up shots. Quality double taps are possible with that stock.

Good Luck.

BTW, look at Cabela's, they put the ammo on sale semi regularly. Up until they starting collecting sales tax, it was a great deal. Now, it's just a good deal.

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Necro thread alert!

Sorry to drudge this back up, but I’m looking at picking up a 50 BW soon, and I’m curious if anyone has had any success in the last 2 years since the thread went dormant, with a magnified traditional rifle scope? I’m thinking a low power variable, 1-6, 2-7, etc... but obviously something very tough. This will be primarily a range toy, but will definitely hunt deer with it at least once a year, less than 200 yds. I’ve been advised outside of here, and from previous comments, a red dot of some sort seems to be the choice.

My old eyes won’t work too well with a red dot much past 75 yds, and the 3x magnifer/Vortex Strikefire II combo I use on my Tavor is decent to 100 yds, but starts to visually fail me soon past that (truthfully it’s probably me that’s failing it). How about an ACOG (maybe too $$$) or similar? Has any new scopes come out in the last couple years that would work (Vortex Strike Eagle for example), or am I still looking at a decently built red dot with or without a magnifier? Keeping the range limit to around 100 wouldn’t really be a problem, but it would be real nice to stretch it to 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom