• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Just put this on my AR pistol, Indian Creek blast forwarding device. Threaded twist on/off:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Though true, most people shooting a 5.56 pistol are not real concerned with velocity.

As the owner of an AR pistol, I agree. If I was looking for 3,000 FPS and 300+ meter accuracy, I would have purchased a rifle. However, I'm a range shooter and I like being able to break down my AR pistol and carry it in my range bag.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Yes, it looks out of place to me, but it's probably because I'm a newb.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It's not really a riser. It's a rail extension. I wanted to be able to have a minimalist gun with a long enough rail to mount a holographic sight with back up sights that are co-witnessed. I never use the foregrip (my support hand holds the mag and mag well), so I didn't want to add a foregrip with a rail. The slight elevation that the rail extension gives puts the sights in the perfect spot for how I hold the pistol. It works for me, and that's all that matters.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well it's a little unusual,.but because in the picture it looks bent, rising upwards in the front. Camera angle ?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I shoot my 7.5" AR pistol indoors all the time. I don't see what the fuss is. I don't notice the fireball everyone talks about. It isn't as loud as my .357 with a 4" barrel. I put 36 of 40 into a 6" circle at 25yds with a red dot and rapid fire. It does exactly what I wanted it to when I decided to build one.

fbb87a03f43584347a05bfbaf007a4eb.jpg

I like AR pistols; I have one. To be honest - I don't like indoor ranges in general. The AR pistol on the other hand is awesome.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    11.5" barrel 5.56

A muzzle brake is punishing. A flash hider is a much better choice. And yes, double up on ear pro. Plugs and muffs.

It doesn't bother me. But then again, my recoil and blast sensitivity was fashioned by years with M16s, M60 machine guns, M3A1 sub-machine guns, and M-60A1 combat tanks.

I also agree about doubling up on hearing protection at an indoor range, regardless of what I'm shooting.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    It doesn't bother me. But then again, my recoil and blast sensitivity was fashioned by years with M16s, M60 machine guns, M3A1 sub-machine guns, and M-60A1 combat tanks.

I also agree about doubling up on hearing protection at an indoor range, regardless of what I'm shooting.
    What do you use for ear plugs? Just regular foam ones for sleeping or custom molded ones from an audiologist.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    But seriously, you already 2/3 deaf guys need to hang on to what you have left .

I ain't no Otolaryngologist.

I wear ear plugs all day at work running pneumatic guns. I started some 30 years ago(my first 10+ years don't count). Blew out both eardrums shooting somewhere in between. I am the poster child of hearing protection, believe me. All this crap about "this gun is too loud for this" is bunk. Get some well fitting ear pro and choot!

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I wish I knew of indoor range in MD that lets you fire rifle caliber fire arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Are people still buying and building AR pistols.....I thought that fad ended a while ago.
    I see a lot of folks building them still. This would be my first, not sure what to expect honestly.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I see a lot of folks building them still. This would be my first, not sure what to expect honestly.

I would expect building a rifle in the near future with what ever lower you use LOL
    Your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom