• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Mossberg MVP LC

Just purchased the MVP LC in 6.5. I’ve been out to Hap Baker to zero at 100. I read good and not so good about this rifle prior to purchasing. My one outing with this rifle went very well. Zeroed easily and fun to shoot. I like it. I’ll shoot it out to 200 on my next visit.

Attachments

• B64946D6-4FFF-442F-819C-B3ED7B951C46.jpg
      B64946D6-4FFF-442F-819C-B3ED7B951C46.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 273

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Here is my 6.5 CM build
    JP Enterprises Side Charging Upper & Lower
    PRS Gen 3 stock
    JP Enterprises LMOS with HP bolt
    JP Enterprises Silent Captive Spring
    JP Enterprises 17.25" rail
    Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger
    Ergo Deluxe Grip
    DRACOS 22" Straightjacket barrel
    Area-419 self timing muzzle break
    Nightforce ATACR 5-25X56
    JP Enterprises 34mm mount

Attachments

• 20180302_151235.jpg
      20180302_151235.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 259

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    do all you 6.5 CM guys reload? if not, what's good factory ammo?

looking to pick up a ruger pr in 6.5cm

Hornady 140gr Eld or 147gr eld would be my first choice for factory stuff. I had the factory stuff out past 1200 and it does well

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I mostly reload. But I have used Hornady 120g and 140g match which have worked well. I was also very pleased with Prime Match 130g. 1200yds no problem.

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD

Mine seems to like Hornady 147 ELD Match the best but I just bought a case of 130 Federal Gold Medal Berger to try. It didn't seem to like Prime

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Here is my 6.5 CM build
    JP Enterprises Side Charging Upper & Lower
    PRS Gen 3 stock
    JP Enterprises LMOS with HP bolt
    JP Enterprises Silent Captive Spring
    JP Enterprises 17.25" rail
    Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger
    Ergo Deluxe Grip
    DRACOS 22" Straightjacket barrel
    Area-419 self timing muzzle break
    Nightforce ATACR 5-25X56
    JP Enterprises 34mm mount

Very nice :thumbsup:
    How do you like the 419 brake?
    Been thinking of that for mine.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I reload 147 eld-m. I would try prime ammunition, hornady, federal (in that order). There are really good factory offerings out there for the creedmoor at decent prices. Prime shot well out of my rifle, just cheaper for me to reload.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    No time for reloading. I have to enjoy this sport with decent quality factory ammo. To me, and this is only an opinion, reloading is another job. I know I’ll never shoot with the precision as those who take the time to reload but I’ll still enjoy shooting and shooting with pretty good accuracy with quality factory rounds. If I reach retirement and have more time maybe I’ll reconsider but for now I’m just buying off the shelf then out to the range. To each their own.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    No time for reloading. I have to enjoy this sport with decent quality factory ammo. To me, and this is only an opinion, reloading is another job. I know I’ll never shoot with the precision as those who take the time to reload but I’ll still enjoy shooting and shooting with pretty good accuracy with quality factory rounds. If I reach retirement and have more time maybe I’ll reconsider but for now I’m just buying off the shelf then out to the range. To each their own.

that's kind of the boat i'm in... if i can get some decent groups with factory ammo at 1k, i'd be happy....

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    are there any local places that sell 6.5 creedmoor? i'll order some online but want to shoot it this weekend....

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    are there any local places that sell 6.5 creedmoor? i'll order some online but want to shoot it this weekend....

Bass pro might have some.....maybe 2a near you?

Worst case you come to Frederick and I have at least one box to spare

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Bass pro might have some.....maybe 2a near you?

Worst case you come to Frederick and I have at least one box to spare

i looked online and they ddin't seem to have any in stock in store, maybe i'll just go there in person to check tomorrow... maybe i'll post in the IP forum to ask too...

sup speed! how are you? i was just doing some reading on some RPR threads and saw you got one, how do you like it? what's your set up?

you still ride?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    i looked online and they ddin't seem to have any in stock in store, maybe i'll just go there in person to check tomorrow... maybe i'll post in the IP forum to ask too...

sup speed! how are you? i was just doing some reading on some RPR threads and saw you got one, how do you like it? what's your set up?

you still ride?

If you can't find any, we could meet up so you can at least shoot it.

I like mine, shoots well with factory ammo. Mines about to change a good bit, fingers crossed it shoots even better lol.

I still have a bike, put 300 miles on it in the last 3 years. Probably gonna sell this spring.

If you are willing to travel- Liberty Rd/Randallstown Walmart has it in stock (<10min from AGC in Marriottsville)
    I could sell you a box of Hornady Black as well. I'm not willing to give out my reloads in case I screwed something up with a load.

Last edited:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Kevmo....how close are you to Pikesville? If you can't locate ammo....I could drive and and sell you 2 boxes of the 140gr ELD's and swing by SG to pick up something on the way home(if he is willing/available)?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Sounds like you have quite a few options already. I’ve got 3-4 boxes of Hornady 120gr A-Max and maybe a box of 140g A-Max match. I paid $28 each at one of the gun shows. I’m not going to use them so msg me if you want to stock up and start collecting brass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom