• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Oh I thought you said you were. I'm pretty sure he only offers that to people that took the course.

No I think earlier in the thread I had posted that I was interested in taking a training session. I have a class Ed Shell and done a private session but I was looking forward to learning more which is why I thought Dan may be the next step for me.

I could understand if he does have a restriction on range use. If not I would still be interested in carpooling down for a day, just to practice shooting and spotting.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah Dan rents that same range to alumni of his courses, unless that has changed. I think they just have a range officer and skip the teaching parts.

They offer coaching on the range days. Not full out teaching.

But how could they sit and watch you and spot for you without saying something? :lol2:

Unless Dan is teaching a course at the same time, typically he is the range officer. But if there is a class going, you can shoot from the other end of the barn at the same time.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    AFAIK, you have to have attended his class to use the range.

But email him and discuss your background and what you want to do, and see what he says. But he does need to be comfortable that you will not do something stupid, like shoot one of the cows. :)

The range is on land he rents from a farmer, and there at Black Angus cows on the range property. Not really an issue, but I have had to switch targets for a while to let the cows wander by.

He is a good guy and easy to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom