• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    ****11/21/17*****
    Bumping this thread to make the new guys sad :cool:

The deal was one Rifle and one 440rd tin of ammo for $150. THOSE were the good old days!

-------------------------------

Let's start putting pics of the 91/30's from Keepshooting ONLY in this thread as we get them. They looked great and this will help others know what is available. With all of the interest in them, we should be able to put quite a few pics here.

PLEASE, PLEASE refrain from putting up pics of your other 91/30's-unless taken with one from keepshooting for comparison or family portrait. As we can only access one or two crates at a time, I'm interested to see who finds what.

PS-All SA marked Mosins must be turned over to the GM at keepshooting.....so I can pick them up later :innocent0:D

Well, finally getting a couple of pics posted (3:45am :sad20:).
    Had a great time meeting people as they showed up today. I was playing hookey from work and hanging out buying a lot of other stuff besides the Mosins.
    I bought several rifles to fill some holes in my collection. I was able to find two minor scores in what I was looking through.

Top: 1924 Updated Izhevsk Dragoon / Soviet Crest intact on receiver

Bottom: 1933 Izhevsk MO Double Date 1933/49

Still waiting on the guys who got the really pretty stocks to post. I got what I think will be a contender on a plain Jane 1938 Izhevsk. I will get it out in the direct light tomorrow. I hope to see more pics of 91/30's :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC03570.jpg
      DSC03570.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 776
    • DSC03564.jpg
      DSC03564.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 762
    Last edited:

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Just got back with my "new" 1933 Hex (Izhevsk mfg) receiver, matching numbers 91/30. This is one hell of a deal folks...ammo pouch, sling, oil can, tools, bayonet...

I took 2 of my friends from Pax with me...we hauled 4 Mosins and 4 cans of milsurp ammo back with us...:party29:

Thanks keepshoting!

Mark C.

Attachments

• IMG_2735.jpg
      IMG_2735.jpg
      114 KB · Views: 876
    • IMG_2736.jpg
      IMG_2736.jpg
      98.1 KB · Views: 877
    • IMG_2738.jpg
      IMG_2738.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 876
    • IMG_2739.jpg
      IMG_2739.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 857
    • IMG_2741.jpg
      IMG_2741.jpg
      54 KB · Views: 873
    • IMG_2744.jpg
      IMG_2744.jpg
      33.2 KB · Views: 850
    • IMG_2747.jpg
      IMG_2747.jpg
      32.4 KB · Views: 838

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    krucam didn't even get to look for that until over 15-20 had already been purchased. Goes to show you how many nice rifles are available. I'll get a couple of pics up after dinner and putting the kids to bed.

Hopefully the guys from Delaware will chime in. They had a very nice group of rifles. I'm sure the traffic was much better on the way back home for them as well...

krucam

Ultimate Member
    krucam didn't even get to look for that until over 15-20 had already been purchased. Goes to show you how many nice rifles are available. I'll get a couple of pics up after dinner and putting the kids to bed.

Hopefully the guys from Delaware will chime in. They had a very nice group of rifles. I'm sure the traffic was much better on the way back home for them as well...

Yeah...the mix seemed to be about 25% Hex, 75% round. I was "checking out" at around 3pm I think.

There was a 'small' delay with me with NCIS AGAIN. I actually got the 'Proceed' from them after a short delay, not like in October when I bought my other bolt (my 5R), where I had to wait 2 days to pick up as I was 'Delayed'. I can't find an appeal process unless you're 'Denied'. I've not had a "drama free" life, but certainly nothing disqualifying. All questions on the 4473 are answered truthfully...I wish I knew what my problem with the NCIS is as it makes for too much drama. I might just have to go ahead with my C&R. I know I'm a dangerous person with my arsenal of 2 bolt guns...

They had about half of the crates open, so I'm sure there will be a lot of surprises in the still unopened ones. Didn't keepshooting say there may be another shipment coming in Jan?

happy camper Mark C.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    very nice and I"m jealous :envy:

And I'm still "tickled"...

The cosmoline is not terrible, but I'll begin the process of cleaning it out over the next week or so. Even with the cosmo, the bolt ran smoothly, the firing pin sounded strong, the trigger is smooth. Once I get the cosmo out, it will only be better.

I asked ?'s about what a "Grade 2" meant...for $80 it is sure as hell worth it!!

Now, to look for a slip on Pachmyr recoil pad for my lean body. My 308 5R was bad (for a while) with rubber pad after 20 rds. This bad boy with metal butt plate will kick like a mule, I'm sure...

Mark C.

Intarsiac

Jun 17, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    These two (and all the accessories and a case of rifle food) followed us home from KeepShooting. The better half and I came in while h2u was making his selections and he was a wealth of info - Thanks! We looked through about 40 rifles and the quality looked good on all of them. Izzy 1933 - hex receiver, Izzy 1942 - round receiver.

Attachments

• Mosins.jpg
      Mosins.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 809
    • Mosins2.jpg
      Mosins2.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 839
    Last edited:

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    it was nice meeting some of you guys down there today. The traffic going home was even worse than getting there.
    Thanks Brian for doing this and keeping this crew in mind.
    I got me a 1934 Iske hex head all matching. :D

Last edited:

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I JUST got home 30 minutes ago in Rockville after leaving my house to go there at 2:30PM with a quick stop in Bethesda to pick up my buddy and coming back. Traffic was helacious both going there and coming home but it was worth it. I will take pictures of my booty tomorrow in better light but despite getting there at 5:15 give or take I still got 2 great Hex rifles. It was nice putting some faces to names as well punchabear, The3clipser, Whisker and Pushrod. Glad I'm not the only young guy on here.....older than bean at least lol.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am SOOOO envious stuck here in PA (and then WV at the wife's family through Sunday). Hopefully there will be some good selection available left over or another shipment. Im sure they are all very nice but the hunt for gems is half the fun!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I am SOOOO envious stuck here in PA (and then WV at the wife's family through Sunday). Hopefully there will be some good selection available left over or another shipment. Im sure they are all very nice but the hunt for gems is half the fun!

For me it's 95% of the fun!! :D

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I just got home from a Mosin haul as well. Picked up a nice "hex" and a round receiver as well, and a case of food. my pics would look just like those already posted.

Very few "hex"s left -- Novus and I went through 4 crates and found three, left one behind. there ae probably more, but if you really really want a hex it might be better to wait for the next lot. quality on all of them was consistently high -- to draw distinctions between them you had to quibble. Well worth the trip, despite the miserable traffic.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yeah...the mix seemed to be about 25% Hex, 75% round. I was "checking out" at around 3pm I think.

There was a 'small' delay with me with NCIS AGAIN. I actually got the 'Proceed' from them after a short delay, not like in October when I bought my other bolt (my 5R), where I had to wait 2 days to pick up as I was 'Delayed'. I can't find an appeal process unless you're 'Denied'. I've not had a "drama free" life, but certainly nothing disqualifying. All questions on the 4473 are answered truthfully...I wish I knew what my problem with the NCIS is as it makes for too much drama. I might just have to go ahead with my C&R. I know I'm a dangerous person with my arsenal of 2 bolt guns...

They had about half of the crates open, so I'm sure there will be a lot of surprises in the still unopened ones. Didn't keepshooting say there may be another shipment coming in Jan?

happy camper Mark C.

You do not have to get a denial and then an appeal to get an Voluntary Appeal File and a UPIN number to prevent the delays you experience. http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/vafbrocheng.pdf

But yes, a C&R FFL will work too.The ATF use a slightly different background check than the FBI for NICS, but they are more efficient apparently.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I just got home from a Mosin haul as well. Picked up a nice "hex" and a round receiver as well, and a case of food. my pics would look just like those already posted.

Very few "hex"s left -- Novus and I went through 4 crates and found three, left one behind. there ae probably more, but if you really really want a hex it might be better to wait for the next lot. quality on all of them was consistently high -- to draw distinctions between them you had to quibble. Well worth the trip, despite the miserable traffic.

I think Brian said there was a case or so still unopened, so who knows, the last one or two or so unopened cases might be all or mostly hex. ;)

To reiterate for others not convinced yet, the quality was indeed very high.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Couple of questions, on the dual bottle oilers, one side is for lubricant, what is the other side for?
    Did anyone get any bore brushes in their kits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom