• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That was a great read. I'm still amazed that the state tried the "Well, tasers are dangerous, m'kay, and the plaintiff could just go out and buy a handgun, so it's OK to ban tasers..." defense. Did they let the AG's interns handle that case? Congrats on this.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That was a great read. I'm still amazed that the state tried the "Well, tasers are dangerous, m'kay, and the plaintiff could just go out and buy a handgun, so it's OK to ban tasers..." defense. Did they let the AG's interns handle that case? Congrats on this.

I am amazed that they even litigated. Most everyone folded after Caetano. Except New York. Instead of taking the hint, they needed to have their pee-pee slapped. Another slapping is coming to NY next year too, and hopefully to NJ and MD soon after, because we have arrogant, defiant, anti-gun AGs who need some slapping.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sheesh, Wolfwood, you're becoming a force to be reckoned with. If I remember another thread correctly, you're hanging out with my friend and neighbor, Cypherpunk, today. Thanks for all your efforts. If you have a donation link for your 2A activities, please share it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    The ban on carry of tasers and stun guns was ruled unconstitutional yesterday by the IL Supreme Court in People v Webb.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Sheesh, Wolfwood, you're becoming a force to be reckoned with. If I remember another thread correctly, you're hanging out with my friend and neighbor, Cypherpunk, today. Thanks for all your efforts. If you have a donation link for your 2A activities, please share it.

I wasn't able to make it. I had to take off to deal with the taser ruling that had come out while I was in court. Jeff told me about the change in location by phone. By the time I showed up everyone had gone off,.

I would love to get some serious funding. I really think I have a plan that will work because I made solely based off whether the case is winnable and whether it impacts people. If I ever become friends with the Kock brothers I could implement this plan in a few years. I doubt I will ever finish it as stands.

Last edited:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Last I heard Delaware still had theirs in effect, or maybe it was just kilmington. But it’s been a while since I checked. Maybe 2y since hearing that.

Some folks were looking for a case to push.

I haven’t followed up.

So how many stun gun bans are even left at this point?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wasn't able to make it. I had to take off to deal with the taser ruling that had come out while I was in court. Jeff told me about the change in location by phone. By the time I showed up everyone had gone off,.

I would love to get some serious funding. I really think I have a plan that will work because I made solely based off whether the case is winnable and whether it impacts people. If I ever become friends with the Kock brothers I could implement this plan in a few years. I doubt I will ever finish it as stands.
    Too bad you all didn't connect.

If we're able to help with your plan in the future, please tell us (the membership in general here). Don't know if it's possible for you to align with SAF. Seems like a natural fit. Then they'd have two Alans on staff too. ;)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Last I heard Delaware still had theirs in effect, or maybe it was just kilmington. But it’s been a while since I checked. Maybe 2y since hearing that.

Some folks were looking for a case to push.

I haven’t followed up.

100% legal to possess in all cities/towns in DE.

Conceal carry of one may require a CCDW permit (untested, but argued).

It's been argued by R's in DE that carrying a slingshot in your back pocket might be illegal (R's want the definition of a "weapon" redefined/clarified).

IANAL.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    100% legal to possess in all cities/towns in DE.

Conceal carry of one may require a CCDW permit (untested, but argued).

It's been argued by R's in DE that carrying a slingshot in your back pocket might be illegal (R's want the definition of a "weapon" redefined/clarified).

IANAL.

Unless the law was recently repealed Wilmington DE ban the ownership of all electric arms.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    To loosely quote Mel Gibson in Braveheart:

Would you like to pick a fight?

There were some folks on the Delaware board looking for a case a few years ago. Don’t think they ever found anyone. And they were looking for a lawyer, Iirc.

Unless the law was recently repealed Wilmington DE ban the ownership of all electric arms.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    To loosely quote Mel Gibson in Braveheart:

Would you like to pick a fight?

There were some folks on the Delaware board looking for a case a few years ago. Don’t think they ever found anyone. And they were looking for a lawyer, Iirc.

I tried to start a case there. I was unable to locate local counsel. We had to skip it which is why we filed the my case. Since I am not barred in d e I need a local lawyer to vouch for me in front of the court

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

You are correct. I thought it was removed for some reason. Same applies to nunchucks, throwing stars, slingshots, paint ball guns, and minors in possession of imitation guns.

https://library.municode.com/de/wil...6MIOFPR_ARTVOFINPUSA_DIV2WEREOF_S36-161STGUET

Sec. 36-161. - Stun guns, etc.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, make, deliver, transport, trade, give, sell, or possess a converted tear gas gun, stun gun or taser gun.

(b) The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this section, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this subsection, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:

(1) Converted tear gas gun means a tear gas gun which has been altered to fire a projectile with sufficient force to cause death or physical injury.

(2) Stun gun means any battery-powered, pulsed electrical device of high voltage and low or no amperage which, when pressed against a person, can disrupt the central nervous system and cause temporary loss of voluntary muscle control of such person.

(3) Taser gun means any device contained in a package which permits it to be handheld, containing an electrical supply unit, and into which an expendable plastic cassette may be inserted and which operates by shooting or projecting a ball, net, or dart carrying fine wires from the package to the target and which, upon hitting a person can send out current capable of disrupting the person's nervous system in such a manner as to render the person incapable of functioning normally.

(c) Any law enforcement officer while performing his lawful duties within the city shall be exempted from the effect of this section. For purposes of this section, the term "law enforcement officer" shall include police officers, the attorney general, the attorney general's deputies and investigators, the sheriff, and the sheriff's deputies, prison guards, constables and bailiffs.

(d) A conviction of violation of this section shall be punishable by a fine of not less than $500.00 and not more than $2,500.00 or by both such fine and imprisonment not exceeding six months. The minimum sentence of $500.00 fine shall not be subject to suspension or reduction for any reason.
    (Ord. No. 92-053(sub 1), § 26(j)(4)(39-19.4), 7-2-92)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom