• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    :lol: :lol2:

Had to go flex-fabric, only way it'd stay on the whole shift in the shop today.

Chrome flaked off an extension and sliced the thumb like a scalpel.

I dunno if It's the wild turkey or the what but for the last two nights I've been thinking about getting out of the 357 sig game. I LOVE the caliber but now that I got the 43 (work approved) I'm really a snub nose guy.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You'll need the trigger block he referenced earlier.. that kit is for the 19 only (9mm)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The 9mm ejector WILL technically work, but the ejection pattern gets a little bit funky - been there, done that.

I have a spare 40/357 housing/ejector if you'd like it.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The 9mm ejector WILL technically work, but the ejection pattern gets a little bit funky - been there, done that.

I have a spare 40/357 housing/ejector if you'd like it.

I emailed them to see if they could add it to my order since I forgot to add it. If they don't do it I'll take you up on your offer, thanks.:thumbsup:
    Other than that part the others should work right?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I emailed them to see if they could add it to my order since I forgot to add it. If they don't do it I'll take you up on your offer, thanks.:thumbsup:
    Other than that part the others should work right?

Yep, should be GTG otherwise. :thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I dunno if It's the wild turkey or the what but for the last two nights I've been thinking about getting out of the 357 sig game. I LOVE the caliber but now that I got the 43 (work approved) I'm really a snub nose guy.

I wouldn't dump it, but that's me. It's a flat-shooting round, always fun to do 100+ yard handgunning... :D

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Thank you Brad for your generous offer of the housing. Lower and parts are now inbound so all is good until my wife sees the credit card bill.
    :o

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Spinta had a good deal on bare 19 slides but looks like not even cut for sights. No barrel or slide internals but I have all that, just need a bare slide and sights.

Attachments

• IMG_7929.jpg
      IMG_7929.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 321
    • IMG_7931.jpg
      IMG_7931.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 323

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It's cut for a front sight, but no rear. Most would probably mill it and add an RMR to it instead of a fixed rear. A nice slide if you want to customize one. There are a few vendors out there that offer slides like this that I have come across, but they are going up fast.. :mad54:

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    It's cut for a front sight, but no rear. Most would probably mill it and add an RMR to it instead of a fixed rear. A nice slide if you want to customize one. There are a few vendors out there that offer slides like this that I have come across, but they are going up fast.. :mad54:

That Spinta slide also has no cocking serrations, that would be a deal breaker for me. Lone Wolf makes a very nice stainless slide, I have a couple of them and the quality is excellent. Without internals or sights they range from $175 to around $200.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That Spinta slide also has no cocking serrations, that would be a deal breaker for me. Lone Wolf makes a very nice stainless slide, I have a couple of them and the quality is excellent. Without internals or sights they range from $175 to around $200.

Sweet that's what I need

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Just figured I'd pass this along 23 slide complete for the compact frame of anybody is interested, looks to have 6 left after I purchased mine.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/152454256365?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Not to bad a price with free shipping considering I'm seeing these at times over $400

I personally wouldn't pay over $350 for a slide. Dealer cost for most new Glocks is $440 and Blue Label/GSSF is lower than that.

I get the whole "gubmint doesn't know what I have thing" but that's why I have guns in the first place.............

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If I went G23 slide, I would get one without the barrel and no guide rod / recoil spring. Like this one for $219:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628670211

Then you could put a conversion (9mm, 357 Sig) or custom barrel on it. I would also consider a compensated barrel if I went with a 40.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    If I went G23 slide, I would get one without the barrel and no guide rod / recoil spring. Like this one for $219:

Then you could put a conversion (9mm, 357 Sig) or custom barrel on it. I would also consider a compensated barrel if I went with a 40.

I'm going to sell the barrel to the one I bought from above and I already have a 357 barrel to do the switch so I'm just looking at magazines now.

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    Shot the tactical rifle match at Sanners Lake last weekend with the Mechtech 9mm upper on my Polymer 80 lower. Worked perfectly, no problems at all.

Quite a bit smaller (and quieter) than the Garand my son was shooting...

Attachments

• GarandandMechtech.jpg
      GarandandMechtech.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 298

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV

There you go, that's a good deal and it looks to be in near new condition, it's still got that factory "new Glock" copper colored grease on it. Watch out for some of the lower priced used slides on GB though, some of them in are in pretty terrible condition. Put in a Lone Wolf G23 9mm barrel for $100, or a Storm Lake for a bit more, and stainless recoil spring assembly for under $20 and you are in business.

So who wants to take bets on when Poly80 releases the compact frame in Flat Dark Earth and/or OD Green..?? I'm betting by the summer, and I'd be in for one of those for sure.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    All my parts have been ordered and I'm anxiously waiting for assembly time. Special thanks to Bradmacc82 for the guidance and the 40/357 ejector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom