• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FRANKCASTLE

Apr 28, 2013
    Where can I take the Utah course and what are the requirements of having this permit? I currently have a Maryland CCW permit that is valid, does this make any difference? what is the list of class or instructors in maryland esp eastern shore? thanks for your help

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The Utah ccw is a 4 hour course which does not require live fire. We are industry partners and teach the class a couple times a month in Salisbury Maryland. We combine with the HQL for $75 and give the hQl or Utah for $50. PM me if you would like any more details.

Nov 18, 2012
    Afghanistan,Kabul
    thank you all im looking for something closer to centreville...but i will throw out those suggestions to him..one other thing i have mine already and i got my renewal notice...i dont understand the last paragraph "under all non resident permit holders?"

Nov 18, 2012
    Afghanistan,Kabul
    https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8ee88815c3421f9a873716f0c5e953e3&oe=5A98638A
    28512469_583839371965044_408344932_n.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I asked that same question when I took my Utah CFP class. The instructor told me that only applies to states that "recognize the validity of the Utah pemit." Maryland doesn't recognize it, so it doesn't apply. Anyway, that's what I was told. Hope it helps.

This is correct.

If MD recognized the UT permit, MD residents would need MD’s carry permit first.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You will see Utah Classes in a cpl different price tiers . The difference is in the extra services provided.

The Utah application will also require passport photos , notary, and fingerprint card . Some Instructors offer just the training certificate, some certificate, some total one stop service. You pays your money, and takes your choice.

I will observe you can get photos and Notary easily on your own, but the fingerprints are the hard part .

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    You will see Utah Classes in a cpl different price tiers . The difference is in the extra services provided.

The Utah application will also require passport photos , notary, and fingerprint card . Some Instructors offer just the training certificate, some certificate, some total one stop service. You pays your money, and takes your choice.

I will observe you can get photos and Notary easily on your own, but the fingerprints are the hard part .

Notary services are no longer required for the Utah permit.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I did mine with Duke's Defense. He was an IP at the time.

The course included the photos and fingerprinting. Along will all the paperwork needed.

He also provided FL and VA packages if you wanted them. They needed fingerprints from a LEO, so I did mine at the Bel Air MVA office. There is an MSP fingerprint office inside the MVA.

One of them, I think FL, requires live fire, so he had you fire one round using a primer fired projectile in the classroom. :D

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I did mine with Duke's Defense. He was an IP at the time.

The course included the photos and fingerprinting. Along will all the paperwork needed.

He also provided FL and VA packages if you wanted them. They needed fingerprints from a LEO, so I did mine at the Bel Air MVA office. There is an MSP fingerprint office inside the MVA.

One of them, I think FL, requires live fire, so he had you fire one round using a primer fired projectile in the classroom. :D

Correct Florida requires Live fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom