• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    The gun show is back at the Howard county fairgrounds this coming weekend, 2/1/20-2/2/20. Lets try and build the MD shows back up some!

Hours:
    Saturday 9am-4pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm

Hope to see lots of members there!

Nov 14, 2011
    New Windsor
    How much is the entrance fee? I hate to admit this will be my first gun show assuming I can talk my wife into watching the kiddos for a little bit. And I assume cash is king but do people tend to take cards as well?

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    How much is the entrance fee? I hate to admit this will be my first gun show assuming I can talk my wife into watching the kiddos for a little bit. And I assume cash is king but do people tend to take cards as well?

$8 entrance fee. Some vendors take cards, all vendors take cash.

Nov 14, 2011
    New Windsor
    If you do it right you’ll leave with no money.

Thats kinda the plan

Some take cards yes and more often than not they tack on 3% extra if you pay with a card to cover the fee. Only industry I've ever seen where added fees for CC usage is so rampant.

My understanding is that's because there are generally thin margins on gun sales but yeah it is commonplace and as far as I can tell this is the only realm where it's considered acceptable. Good to know to expect that in person, so thanks.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Damn. Wife has folks over Saturday evening. This I am on house-cleaning duty all day. It has to be Sunday, I hope something will be left.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Damn. Wife has folks over Saturday evening. This I am on house-cleaning duty all day. It has to be Sunday, I hope something will be left.

The overpriced guns will still be there, which makes up pretty much all of them. The big downside is that there may only be opossum and squirrel jerky left.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The overpriced guns will still be there, which makes up pretty much all of them. The big downside is that there may only be opossum and squirrel jerky left.

Mmmm, opossum!

Attachments

• 7032AF9C-E662-4C70-82A5-D53DC6A3AF77.jpg
      7032AF9C-E662-4C70-82A5-D53DC6A3AF77.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 560

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Generally speaking , timing at gun shows can work both ways :

Phenomenon #1 - The rare & desirable or the substantially underpriced can get snatched up quickly .

Phenomenon #2 - By Sunday afternoon , some sellers are more willing to negotiate than to pack it back up .

Back in the day , not only I couldn't leave with cash , but couldn't leave without maxing the atm .

But in any case , stop by the MSI booth and say hi , traditionally located near the entrance .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom