• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Went to range for the first time with mine.. worked flawlessly.. fun shooter.. sights seemed straight without having to sight in with sight tool. Shot maybe 140 rounds of fiocchi.. used tapco 20rnders and fedwithout an issue.. very fun, had a blast.. very happy with my m10!

jake12

May 18, 2010
    Did anyone have issues with their factory Tapco not seating correctly? I can not get it to lock in and do not have any other mags to try right now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jliggo

Feb 6, 2013
    Did anyone have issues with their factory Tapco not seating correctly? I can not get it to lock in and do not have any other mags to try right now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I am having the same problem with the factory mag. I put the factory mag in my 556r no problem and bought another tapco mag and it fits in the mm with no problems. I have compared the new and the factory and I can not determine what is different?

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I didnt have the factory 30rnd tapco.. I ordered 20rnd tapcos.. they were tight but definitely fit.. I just took them in and out a bunch and it shaved off a little extra then I blew out the magwell.. good to go!

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I have problems with my 30 rnd Tapco it came with and two 10 rnd Tapco's I picked up from Midway.

I've found that when I insert them, I pull the mag release forward and they will seat (lock) properly. My surplus mags have no issues. I think the tab is off a little on Tapco's mags and grinding down the edge might help?

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Picked it up early this morning and took it with me on my pistol outing. Didn't have time to clean it before going, so I checked the bore and rolled! It shoots pretty darn accurate and ate all the ammo types I took without a hiccup... Golden Tiger, Wolf, Tula and Herter's. I think I put 250 rounds through it with zero ammo issues. I tried three different magazines I purchase for it with the factory Tapco works perfect. The high priced Circle 10's need some fitting as the release doesn't let go without pliers. The last one is Tapco Intrafuse which also needs work to clip in place. They should all work fine with some filing next time out!

Things I don't like about this AK:

- Can't see the front sight clear enough. I'm going to paint it or replace with something more visible.
    - HATE HATE the stock that comes it comes with! Another AK owner there also said he hates his stock of a different design. We both commented about getting an adjustable like AR's use (my Christmas request).

My target blew over sever times at 30 yards which forced me to shoot at the 100 yard bank. I easily flipped a piece of wood up several times at that range. It's accurate for sure and the trigger pull couldn't be better!

1461763_620298861341483_114820891_n.jpg

1466065_620298744674828_1217224553_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom