• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I know the owners of 2 gun stores that sell 80% receivers from poly80. Between just those 2 stores they have sold over 14,000 of them since they became available. They have also between just those stores sold over 10,000 80% lower AR15 receivers and a couple thousand AR10 lowers.

That's just 2 stores...I know people who have ordered dozens of 80% receivers and frames and built them. Now the law is you can't build them for the sole purpose of selling them...BUT it's not illegal to sell them after you have had them for a while and decide to get rid of them...I wonder what the gun grabbers would think if they thought these "untraceable" firearms MIGHT get sold to a bunch of out of state thugs because law abiding citizens could no longer own them legally....I'm not losing the money I have invested...and since there is no paperwork for these...I guess it will be first come first serve...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Why in the world would you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodness of his heart I guess.

For this law, it is clear, it has to be a FEDERALLY licensed manufacturer or imported that serialized it. You as a non FFL can’t do squat to comply with this law because you serializing it and registering it doesn’t comply with this law as written and FFL manufacturers and importers cannot serialize something THEY have not manufactured or imported. Full stop.

So without changes to the law, there is no way to legally comply without destroying or removing your property from Maryland.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Goodness of his heart I guess.

For this law, it is clear, it has to be a FEDERALLY licensed manufacturer or imported that serialized it. You as a non FFL can’t do squat to comply with this law because you serializing it and registering it doesn’t comply with this law as written and FFL manufacturers and importers cannot serialize something THEY have not manufactured or imported. Full stop.

So without changes to the law, there is no way to legally comply without destroying or removing your property from Maryland.

This must die as a bill and never become law. The underlined portion is just a small sample of the type of oppression being experienced by law-abiding gun owners in the State of Maryland.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Buy one with SN

There are 80 percent sellers that for a few extra dollars, you can have them engrave your own markings. If you're worried about the future legality, just get one of these. You can always register it later if/when the state requires it. Until then, only you and the mfg would know your gun and SN exists, so technically not a 100 percent ghost gun, unless the mfg doesn't record your SN.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    so strange. My grandparents told me all their families used to make their own stuff--- of course back in the late 1800's, etc.

ziptiespec

There are 80 percent sellers that for a few extra dollars, you can have them engrave your own markings. If you're worried about the future legality, just get one of these. You can always register it later if/when the state requires it. Until then, only you and the mfg would know your gun and SN exists, so technically not a 100 percent ghost gun, unless the mfg doesn't record your SN.

The serial numbers applied in the matter are worthless for anything other than the person who owns the completed firearm. Going this route as a hedge against future laws/requirements is pure folly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom