• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I used these all last year. I only use them outdoors, it's not quite enough for indoor use for me. I paired them with my phone, it allowed better control of sound volume.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Do we still like these? I'm suddenly interested in them...for non shooting. Last week I spent way too many hours on a tractor mowing, with my Worktunes earmuffs and sunglasses. Normally, the earpieces of the glasses squished against my head isn't a big deal. Now, with all the mask wearing business going on, I had the bright idea to wear one of the cloth neck gaiters to try to keep some of the pollen and dust out of my nose. That little bit of fabric was just too much between the muffs, glasses, and my head. My ears are still sore (physically, the outside from being squished...not the noise). I'm going to have to get back to it soon, and I fear that even ditching the mask, it's going to be painful. I'll probably go with plugs...but that means no tunes. :tdown:

I figured this situation would be a good excuse to buy a set of these and bluetooth my tunes while keeping the noise out. Even though I missed the sale, I had myself psyched up to order...then noticed how many negative reviews mention intermittant bluetooth connection :tap: And, apparrently it speaks "connected" every time the connection is reestablished? That sounds infuriating...and not worth the risk at this price.

Does anybody have experience running bluetooth with them? Does it work better than the Amazon reviewers say?

Is there a similar alternative?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a pair of ISOTunes and really like them. I use them at work (contracting) when I do demo because of their NRR plus I can listen to music at the same time. They are pretty comfortable and I can use them all day on a single charge. No issues pairing and staying connected as long as you have your phone with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I have a pair of ISOTunes and really like them. I use them at work (contracting) when I do demo because of their NRR plus I can listen to music at the same time. They are pretty comfortable and I can use them all day on a single charge. No issues pairing and staying connected as long as you have your phone with you.

Thank you. I had been looking at the ISOTunes (of some variety...apparently there are a couple of models). The price is easier to swallow (especially if I don't like them), but I'm not sure how well I'd deal with the cord between them :tap: Staying connected is definitely a plus though

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Per your suggestion...I finally got around to tricking my android phone into playing Itunes on my new ISOTunes cutting the grass today.:party29:

They are a little weird to put on at first (I may need to play with the different sized tips), but overall worked out great! :thumbsup:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I love my Walkers when they work properly. Unfortunately, they are a lot like my JM Pro was before I got rid of it. Mostly issues with the Bluetooth connecting properly. I finally sent them back and am having them replaced under warranty. Was a little pissed that I had to pay for shipping but it will be worth it if the new ones work properly. If they don't, then I will be pretty upset.

Good news is that they are introducing a new model. Hopefully it comes out before my 1 year warranty is up. If so, then will send them back again and ask for the upgrade.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I love my Walkers when they work properly. Unfortunately, they are a lot like my JM Pro was before I got rid of it. Mostly issues with the Bluetooth connecting properly. I finally sent them back and am having them replaced under warranty. Was a little pissed that I had to pay for shipping but it will be worth it if the new ones work properly. If they don't, then I will be pretty upset.

Good news is that they are introducing a new model. Hopefully it comes out before my 1 year warranty is up. If so, then will send them back again and ask for the upgrade.
    Mine have been working well (I don't use the Bluetooth app). I will have to check out the new version...

Sent using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Per your suggestion...I finally got around to tricking my android phone into playing Itunes on my new ISOTunes cutting the grass today.:party29:

They are a little weird to put on at first (I may need to play with the different sized tips), but overall worked out great! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom