• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    About 3 -4 weeks too late to get any inexpensive ammo at all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I love it. I spent just under $800 during the WM closeout for ammo that today could be sold for close to $2500. Still not selling it....

I am depressed I was too much of a nice guy. Several WMs I either didn't want to be a jerk and buy it all, or I wasn't pushier with sales clerks to CHECK THE DAMNED BACK!

I ended up spending I think about $500 or so in the end. But I sure as heck missed out on probably another $600-800 off ammo.

Today's prices as you put it, that's probably $4000-5000 of ammo. Instead I am only sitting on like $2000 of ammo.

In one instance it was taking forever to get the key to the gun case at Mt Airy WM so I had a stack of 1100 rounds of 9mm from the ammo case sitting on the counter, but waiting on the 1200rnds of .223 in the gun case. Another guy showed up asking if they had any .223. He just wanted .223. Bad he wanted .223. Instead of being an A-hole I let him have half of it.

At Hanover I bought 1000 of 5.56 and left a ton of others. Kicked myself and went back later that day and bought another 500, but that is all they had left by then (they had like 4000 of 5.56 that morning).

Also kicking myself HARD for not having bought any .45

I didn't own a .45. I knew I'd get a .45 some day, but figured it would be years (my wife doesn't like guns, so every purchase is practically a fight).

Ended up getting a Glock 21 a few weeks ago now. really hating myself for not having at least picked up a few hundred rounds or 1k when I could have gotten it for like 15-18c a round.

Live and learn. If Dick's virtue signals some day and doesn't just destroy it all, I am buying every last round of whatever the heck they are clearing out.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I am depressed I was too much of a nice guy. Several WMs I either didn't want to be a jerk and buy it all, or I wasn't pushier with sales clerks to CHECK THE DAMNED BACK!

I ended up spending I think about $500 or so in the end. But I sure as heck missed out on probably another $600-800 off ammo.

Today's prices as you put it, that's probably $4000-5000 of ammo. Instead I am only sitting on like $2000 of ammo.

In one instance it was taking forever to get the key to the gun case at Mt Airy WM so I had a stack of 1100 rounds of 9mm from the ammo case sitting on the counter, but waiting on the 1200rnds of .223 in the gun case. Another guy showed up asking if they had any .223. He just wanted .223. Bad he wanted .223. Instead of being an A-hole I let him have half of it.

At Hanover I bought 1000 of 5.56 and left a ton of others. Kicked myself and went back later that day and bought another 500, but that is all they had left by then (they had like 4000 of 5.56 that morning).

Also kicking myself HARD for not having bought any .45

I didn't own a .45. I knew I'd get a .45 some day, but figured it would be years (my wife doesn't like guns, so every purchase is practically a fight).

Ended up getting a Glock 21 a few weeks ago now. really hating myself for not having at least picked up a few hundred rounds or 1k when I could have gotten it for like 15-18c a round.

Live and learn. If Dick's virtue signals some day and doesn't just destroy it all, I am buying every last round of whatever the heck they are clearing out.

Walmart was going to dump it in 2 days so I didn't feel bad about it. I left a ton there, was afraid the cart was going to break.

Just keep in mind that it's a sellers market today. In 6 months it will be a buyers market again.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    If trump comes back for round 2 it will probably settle out and return to 'normal' by this time next year. If the D's win it will be full on retard for the next cycle.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I expect the manufacturing of arms law to be repealed if they take the senate and presidency. They are not afraid to change laws, unlike the Republicans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom