• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry to semi derail but I’m looking for another Seiko kinetic dive watch or similar.

Mine worked for 10 years then i sent it back in for repairs to Seiko and it’s done for some reason. I don’t want to spend another $120 on repairs for a $300 watch.

Is JomaShop reputable?

I’m open to other suggestions but i want kinetic, i want a classic yet rugged looking dial. I want a rubber band, and something reliable.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    JomaShop is reputable, but be careful of gray area watches. Some will not be covered by the manufacturers warranty unless purchased from a certified dealer.

Take a look at Deepblue watches. They are a boutique shop in NYC. I have a couple and so far all have been bulletproof.

https://deepbluewatches.com

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    JomaShop is reputable, but be careful of gray area watches. Some will not be covered by the manufacturers warranty unless purchased from a certified dealer.

Take a look at Deepblue watches. They are a boutique shop in NYC. I have a couple and so far all have been bulletproof.

https://deepbluewatches.com

Thank you! Those are great looking watches and thank you for the warranty advice!

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    I've purchased two watches from joma and they both came with warrantycards. You can contact them to be sure.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've used Jomashop before with good results before. When you buy from them, THEY warranty the watch, not the manufacturer. The included warranty cards from the manufacturer are worthless.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I've used Jomashop before with good results before. When you buy from them, THEY warranty the watch, not the manufacturer. The included warranty cards from the manufacturer are worthless.

That is what I was saying. Gray market watches will not be covered by manufacturer. I should have clarified and said that Jomashyop will warranty the watches. I believe the have extended ones available for purchase as well. But this is the store warranty, not the manufacturer.

If was was going to drop serious coin on a NEW high end timepiece, I would take that into consideration.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    What I wear for beating around the house and yard...otherwise it’s an Omega or Rolex for me. All tools I wear.
    4c0ba7cc246a401348dbd2984bd23906.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Thanks!!! I’m looking for a dive style watch. Although I’m not handling calls or dealing with the public to much these days I hate the idea of looking at my phone for the time, at work. Digital is a no go. I want something that while I’m with my friends (rednecks) says classy but my wife’s friends (doctors) says sorta poor lol.

Any suggestions in the $200-$400 range of something i can daily wear for 10 years?

I’ll admit though i do like those deep blue ones.

I’ve got a birthday and anniversary coming up so I’m deciding if i want to buy myself a watch or a nice decanter?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That is what I was saying. Gray market watches will not be covered by manufacturer. I should have clarified and said that Jomashyop will warranty the watches. I believe the have extended ones available for purchase as well. But this is the store warranty, not the manufacturer.

If was was going to drop serious coin on a NEW high end timepiece, I would take that into consideration.

Absolutely! 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thanks!!! I’m looking for a dive style watch. Although I’m not handling calls or dealing with the public to much these days I hate the idea of looking at my phone for the time, at work. Digital is a no go. I want something that while I’m with my friends (rednecks) says classy but my wife’s friends (doctors) says sorta poor lol.

Any suggestions in the $200-$400 range of something i can daily wear for 10 years?

I would probably say Seiko or Citizen. They both make solid watches at a good price point with a good warranty. Deep Blue isn’t bad either. Keep in mind that an automatic watch should be serviced every 5 years or so and quartz you really just need a new battery every few years.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

I’ve got a birthday and anniversary coming up so I’m deciding if i want to buy myself a watch or a nice decanter?

Seiko SRP777. It’s my go to when I am not wearing a vintage piece. It can take whatever I dish out and lots more.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Seiko SRP777. It’s my go to when I am not wearing a vintage piece. It can take whatever I dish out and lots more.

I had that or the previous model. Gave me 10 good years and and 100% not opposed to another. That watch is what got me started looking .

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

I’m curious to see what you get, I’m looking to upgrade too. I’m basically looking for something that is a touch above average around my redneck co workers, but still classy around my managers.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Lolololol it’s like when you have 9 glocks and they are great but you just want to switch it up. Lol I’ll probably end up with another Glock (Seiko) but i don’t mind looking at colts, S&W’s.......

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Lolololol it’s like when you have 9 glocks and they are great but you just want to switch it up. Lol I’ll probably end up with another Glock (Seiko) but i don’t mind looking at colts, S&W’s.......

I have at least 20 Seikos. I guess they are my Glock.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Wait until the next holiday. They (DB) usually have a sale. Like 40% off. Subscribe to their emails. One sale they have the watch had price of a little under 1k, after the sale price and the hidden 40% off of that, I got it for 300 ish...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wait until the next holiday. They (DB) usually have a sale. Like 40% off. Subscribe to their emails. One sale they have the watch had price of a little under 1k, after the sale price and the hidden 40% off of that, I got it for 300 ish...

I can wait for those kinda savings

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I had that or the previous model. Gave me 10 good years and and 100% not opposed to another. That watch is what got me started looking .

Check out Steinhart Watches. They all have Swiss (usually Valjoux or ETA ) automatic movements and Sapphire crystals. Somehave scratch proof ceramic bezels. The prices on the website are much lower for us as we don't have to pay VAT in this country. They ship fast (delivery is usually 2-3 days) and the quality is outstanding. All of mine keep excellent time and have been bullet proof. the fit and finish are excellent and they have several offerings in your price range.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/

This one is $425 shipped: https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-one-39-black-ceramic.html
    2019-13-steinhart-ocean-39-black-new-bezel-1.1574330598.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom