Anyone going to the Va Dulles Expo gunshow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Any shotgun or long gun should be at to buy and carry back. Handguns and assault rifles you would have to do a transfer. Right?

Correct. It would have to be shipped to a MD FFL and you do your paperwork in MD as usual. Accurate Pawn from Eddlridge, MD usually is there near to front with a big sign that says "Maryland Transfers".

Keep in mind that when that show is going on, background checks for regular long guns can get delayed (happened to me twice). You may have to go back the next day to pick up your new item if NICS gets overwhelmed and your check comes back "delayed".

Would they do the transfer and paperwork for us back to Maryland?

Correct - see above. You pay the seller and they have to transfer it to your MD FFL for all the paperwork.

glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    Im trying to get a table at the Chantilly show but the waiting list is a year long. I'll keep all you posted on the situation If you need Glocmods or a guncleaning mat we got it covered.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'll be there Saturday with a couple of buddies. I am looking to break on my C&R with a Makarov,Radom, or Takarov, anyone want to chime in on there opinions?

Both the Radom TTC (Pol Tok) and their P64 are currently very good buys in the low $200 range. The Polish Tokarev variant is absolutely one of my favorites, and the Romanian variant is a close second. Lots of people like the Yugo best because it has a larger magazine, but that just doesn't appeal to me. I don't need the extra rounds, the magazines will be harder to find (more costly), and the longer handgrip just gets in my way. Besides that, I've driven a Yugo car ... so hard to have faith in their workmanship. :sad20: (Edit: I still got one, just to fill in the hole in my Tok. series.)

The Radom P64 fires a Makarov round, but isn't really a Makarov. It's much closer to the Walther PPk ... and that's a GOOD thing! It's a military-designed pistol that was used by some police. That said, it's a compact, snarling, little beast that it fun to shoot and can be very accurate for its size and packs a big punch. Research on this one will quickly turn up info about hard trigger pulls in DA (and very responsive SA pulls), but it will also show that the fix is cheap and easy. A thorough cleaning and spring replacement (search for Wolf springs) makes a difference. You may want to buy the variety pack that Wolf sells, so that you can swap out spring strengths to find the combo that suits you. Info for doing this swap is online. It's a bit of a pain, if you don't have three hands, but read multiple articles, have a punch handy (or make one from a nail), and resist the temptation to toss it into a sack in the back of your closet. You can do this.

Another C&R firearm (used by military and some police) that you may want to take a look at is the CZ-82. It has the excellent advantage of being fully ambidextrous, shoots very well, and fits your hand like a glove. Your buddies who want new guns should look at this one first ... they may change their minds. It's a really sweet shooter that you can CC.

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just thinking of all those sweet uberti engraved smokehouse saa,s

If I don't snag a couple other things I must have one or a pair.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    When I was here, they had Maryland FFLs there to handle the tranfers, with big signs over their tables right in the middle of the floor.

What were their rates like? I assume they would take your purchase back to MD, and you get to pickup the following weekend?

lol its like $50 bucks and most of the tables when you say im from Maryland tell you 2 go away

The stuff I bought was cash and carry, so no first-hand experience. But I was talking to several vendors about handguns, told them all I was from MD, and none of them said they had a problem dealing with it. My understanding of the way the MD FFL thing worked is that they can handle a transfer from any of the VA vendors - they work it out between them there at the show. $50 is about right. Not that high considering what most MD FFLs charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom