• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So a question about the Silverado Gun Show - is it usually better than that, or is that about what I can expect every time it comes through?

So far one of the neatest gun shows I have been to was the Antique Arms Show held at the Timonium Fairgrounds. For one, I really like old, collectible firearms, but the other reason it was so cool was because I had taken my 1886 Winchester to show it to a collector who I knew was going to be there, and as I was walking around with it, at times I was actually drawing a crowd due to the fact that it is pretty rare in configuration, it's pretty old (117 years - made in 1891) and is in VERY good condition considering its age.

I actually had a guy chase me down an aisle so that he could ask me how much I wanted for it. :D

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    So a question about the Silverado Gun Show - is it usually better than that, or is that about what I can expect every time it comes through?

So far one of the neatest gun shows I have been to was the Antique Arms Show held at the Timonium Fairgrounds. For one, I really like old, collectible firearms, but the other reason it was so cool was because I had taken my 1886 Winchester to show it to a collector who I knew was going to be there, and as I was walking around with it, at times I was actually drawing a crowd due to the fact that it is pretty rare in configuration, it's pretty old (117 years - made in 1891) and is in VERY good condition considering its age.

I actually had a guy chase me down an aisle so that he could ask me how much I wanted for it. :D

The show used to be really good a few years ago but it seems like every show that passes gets worse. :sad20:

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Yes, but it was a decent show.

To be quite honest, the only show that really interests me these days is the antique arms show in Timonium. Everything else is just a bunch of dealers trying to sell the same dozen guns - and thank you very much, but I already HAVE a 1911.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, but it was a decent show.

To be quite honest, the only show that really interests me these days is the antique arms show in Timonium. Everything else is just a bunch of dealers trying to sell the same dozen guns - and thank you very much, but I already HAVE a 1911.
    I went to the Timonium antique arms show to take my 1891 Winchester Model 1886 to show it to a dealer that I had become acquainted with, and that was a fantastic gun show - I think I like the antique arms shows better than regular gun shows. There are only so many brand new Glocks, Sigs, XDs and HKs I can see before I get a bit bored with it, but with the antique guns, each one is unique in its own way, and many of them have some pretty cool stories. I'll go to that one again the next time it rolls through.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    With the SGS coming to Frederick in early April, I was wondering if anyone thought it would be worth the trip from Upper Marlboro. That last one IN Upper Marlboro was only good for picking up a couple .50 cal ammo boxes @ $5 each. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been worth the entry price.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    With the SGS coming to Frederick in early April, I was wondering if anyone thought it would be worth the trip from Upper Marlboro. That last one IN Upper Marlboro was only good for picking up a couple .50 cal ammo boxes @ $5 each. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been worth the entry price.

Frederick is usually a good show as you get to see some different faces.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom