• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Do Maryland residents have to pay Va. tax on purchases? If so, what is the percent?

When days/hours are best to avoid wall to wall crowds?

Thank you.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Do Maryland residents have to pay Va. tax on purchases? If so, what is the percent?

When days/hours are best to avoid wall to wall crowds?

Thank you.

Yes, if you buy at the show.

I am usually there Friday afternoons because I have customers in the area. I just schedule meeting with them in the morning and afternoon so I can get a two-fer in on show days. It's usually fine.

During the Obama rush it was a freaking mess. There were new "investors" there who would show up and buy ten or even more cases of ammo all at once so they could resell it. Ammo would be gone in an hour or so. EBRs were seriously overpriced and getting a "deal" meant you could buy anything at all. Even the ATM machines in the hall ran out of cash.

I've gone to the last few shows and it is a much more relaxed affair. Prices are back down and you can work deals that mean something. It's not wall to wall people.

I think this one will be a bit more busy only because the show took a holiday hiatus. There is maybe some pent-up demand. And inevitably some people will show to buy a gun because they are afraid of the coming ban. Good for them. I predict Glock 19s and 33-round mags will be especially popular.

Hopefully I can get what I want. Every show I buy a few more mags and stick them in a box at home with the receipt. You never know what will happen down the road with Congress. See...there I go feeding the frenzy. ;)

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I have never been to the show since I moved here last fall, but I'm interested in going. Has anyone seen any Kel-tec PMR-30 pistols, or RFB rifles there?
    How about the STI GP-6 pistol? What are the prices at the show like, higher or lower than what can be found on Gunbroker?
    Thanks.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Listed prices are higher because the new people are willing to pay more. In a quiet moment you can generally do better. Call a shop during the week and you might do better yet. I bought a PS90 from a guy who does the shows and he gave me a good deal. But when I saw the same guns at the show they were more.

Ammo is about the same as Internet if you include shipping. Maybe a little more, but generally only $10-20 for a whole case. And you get to go home with it.

No idea if that gear will be at the show. I would say if it is popular...probably.

mrfreeze

Shooter
    Oct 17, 2010
    Crofton
    I'll be there Sat morning to stock up on 30 rounder Pmags and hopefully some .223 ammo. I will be hitting up the NRA range after the show if anyone is interested in meeting up and firing off a few hundred rounds.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Is anyone going there for an ammo run? Would you mind getting me some if you are already going? PM me if so, Im in Glen Burnie.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Their web site says no loaded firearms, for insurance purposes, so no CCW while on site.

Question: does anyone know if you can carry unloaded guns into the show? I'd like to make sure any magazines I buy, for example, will really fit into my guns.

I tried calling the number listed on their page but it always seems to be busy. I thought one of ya'll who had already been before might know.

Thanks.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Their web site says no loaded firearms, for insurance purposes, so no CCW while on site.

Question: does anyone know if you can carry unloaded guns into the show? I'd like to make sure any magazines I buy, for example, will really fit into my guns.

I tried calling the number listed on their page but it always seems to be busy. I thought one of ya'll who had already been before might know.

Thanks.

Unloaded guns are fine, they have to be examined first and zip tied at the entrance.
    You will see lots of people walking around with unloaded guns at this show.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Unloaded guns are fine, they have to be examined first and zip tied at the entrance.
    You will see lots of people walking around with unloaded guns at this show.

Any idea how the zip tie is put on? I want to make sure my Glock will fit back in the holster. I want to pick up a couple of accessories for it and it would be better to have it with me.

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I'll hopefully be there saturday. I have to work friday night :(

I'll be looking for glock 17/19 magazines, 30 or 20 round ar mags, 5.56 ammo, a sling, or a 12 gauge pump if the price is right

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have never been to the show since I moved here last fall, but I'm interested in going. Has anyone seen any Kel-tec PMR-30 pistols, or RFB rifles there?
    How about the STI GP-6 pistol? What are the prices at the show like, higher or lower than what can be found on Gunbroker?
    Thanks.

I have been looking since they were released to everyone (else) and have yet to see one anywhere.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Any idea how the zip tie is put on? I want to make sure my Glock will fit back in the holster. I want to pick up a couple of accessories for it and it would be better to have it with me.

I'm not too sure but I think they pull the slide back and run it through the magazine well.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Planning on being there on Friday at 3PM.

Getting my shopping list ready, which I must adhere too, give or take a $10 maze here or there or I go broke.

Last gunshow I went to is now probably 2-3 years back.

Here is my shopping list with my limits. Appreciate input if you found something cheaper then I listed locally. Really looking for expected price input on the Glock mags, prices may already have gone hay wire, especially in the vicinity of a state that does not allow 20+ rounds. But if you recently purchased Glock 9mm and 40SW mags of 20+ at an OOS gun show please let me know what you paid.

These are prices I can currently get online or locally except of course for the Glock magazines.

uplula <$25
    9mm <$150/1,000
    .22LR <$185/5,000
    40SW <$250/1,000
    Sub2000 G22 <$350
    G17 33rd mag <$30
    G17 22rd mag <$20
    G22 22rd mag <$25

Last edited:

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Schwabe - Where are you getting 1,000 rounds 9mm for $100?

G17 - 22 round magazine...never heard of it but very interested. Glock brand or imitation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom