• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was wondering once the weather warmed up would anyone be interested in hiking in Patapsco State Park either off Rt. 1 or in Marriotsville .

Trying to see if we can get a couple MDS members here to get active come spring . Most of the time it is Sat. mornings .

I normally do 3 to 6 miles at a clip . Let me know Dave

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I was wondering once the weather warmed up would anyone be interested in hiking in Patapsco State Park either off Rt. 1 or in Marriotsville .

Trying to see if we can get a couple MDS members here to get active come spring . Most of the time it is Sat. mornings .

I might be game. I hope to do more camping/hiking this year. Let me know.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Why wait? The weather's perfect now! :D

But seriously, I need to start walking/hiking again to help get my weight back down (I've put on 20+ pounds since my Golden passed away.) McKeldin is only a few minutes from my house, and I've been thinking about checking out the trails there.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

But seriously, I need to start walking/hiking again to help get my weight back down (I've put on 20+ pounds since my Golden passed away.) McKeldin is only a few minutes from my house, and I've been thinking about checking out the trails there.

Sorry for the loss. It's tough losing a beloved pet.

Get out there and give us a report back and then when it's warm we can join you. :)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Yeah i lost two last year ,so i understand . If you are serious about getting out sooner rather then later i am there with you .

Let me check about this Sat. i thought people would rather start when warmer but i am all in . :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Sorry for the loss. It's tough losing a beloved pet.

Get out there and give us a report back and then when it's warm we can join you. :)

Thanks, it's been a couple of years now but I still miss the guy.

Yeah i lost two last year ,so i understand . If you are serious about getting out sooner rather then later i am there with you .

Let me check about this Sat. i thought people would rather start when warmer but i am all in . :D

I just checked - Saturday morning temperatures will be around 5F, wind chill temps probably 10 degrees colder. I might have to take a pass... :D

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thanks, it's been a couple of years now but I still miss the guy.

I just checked - Saturday morning temperatures will be around 5F, wind chill temps probably 10 degrees colder. I might have to take a pass... :D

Thank goodness! I was afraid I was going to have to man-up. Stay warm.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    I'd be in when possible as well. Maybe a rotation with some favorite hikes in the area. I know miles of good single track trails around loch Raven reservoir...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

I would be very much interested in this. Saturday morning would work well for me too.

We just watched "A Walk in the Woods" and now I want to hike the Appalachian trail.

This is actually something I've been thinking about for a while, getting into hiking and backpacking. A few years ago I dreamed about doing overnight backpacking on the weekend as sort of a stress relief and exercise plan. One of my fantasy vacations is to go backpacking in the middle of nowhere by myself. I've got a lot to learn and get in better shape in order to do that.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I would be very much interested in this. Saturday morning would work well for me too.

We just watched "A Walk in the Woods" and now I want to hike the Appalachian trail.

This is actually something I've been thinking about for a while, getting into hiking and backpacking. A few years ago I dreamed about doing overnight backpacking on the weekend as sort of a stress relief and exercise plan. One of my fantasy vacations is to go backpacking in the middle of nowhere by myself. I've got a lot to learn and get in better shape in order to do that.

I mentioned this idea to my family (I'm 57) and they thought I was crazy. I may be in a position in 3 or 4 years career wise to actually have the time to do it. I believe it takes about 4 months to complete the AT.

I hiked and camped before family came along. Once the kids got old enough, t's been all sports, all weekend. We all enjoyed it, but that's starting to wind down so weekends are freeing up. Most H.S. games are during the week. I can't think of a better way to spend time then hiking in the woods or of course shooting. The fact OP was talking about going to Patapsco makes it easy to combine the two. I'm an AGC member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom