• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    She initially said they could take c&r for the mosins. I guess they aren't as bad as shaggy at dark sun. You would think that somebody in the business would learn the law.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I'll never drive down there again. I'm not paying money to have someone treat me like I'm a criminal and talk to me like I'm the reason we have these gun laws. Nothing there other then ammo and Magpul mags are a good deal, NOTHING!!!! They know damn well shotguns and C & R firearms are not regulated, they are just trying to shun MD buyers out of spite. Nothing they have is better priced then what you can find a some brick and mortar stores in MD. I'll stick to the MD shows and drive out of state for mags, thats it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I think same thing.. no more VA shows for me either.

The one in Salem, VA is great though, but it's quite a haul (unless you're already down there anyway). I've seen lots of good C&R deals there. The usual big sellers like DAG Ammo, Trader Jerry's, and Georgia Arms are there as well. It's slightly smaller than Nations, but I believe it to be a better show.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    It wasn't a large exhibit, but it was exactly that plus an M1903 I don't remember the story of and an M1 barreled receiver dug from the Battle of the Bulge site.

I see. Thanks for the info.. Thought about going today, but decided to skip this time. I really didn't need anything, and tend to burn money when I do go :)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I see. Thanks for the info.. Thought about going today, but decided to skip this time. I really didn't need anything, and tend to burn money when I do go :)

So do I, but for the first time ever, I managed to not buy anything at a gun show. I paid for admission and food later, that's it.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Cruised over early. Parking lot seemed empty. Got inside and it indeed was empty. Never been to show that was that wide open. Roamed around looking at prices, noted who had what and just enjoyed all the room. Went back to pickup my selections, rolled out and leisurely drove home. Little gems hidden all over.
    Wolf .308 for 10 a box
    magpul everything for pretty good prices.
    Couple md friendly dealers (prices were high)
    AR-10/LR308 almost everywhere
    Oddities
    Eye candy
    Things I didn't like.
    .223/5.56 ammo prices
    55&70 dollar bricks of .22
    Merchants who think the panic is still on.
    Ar upper prices.
    Charging tax on cash sale

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I arrived at 1pm on Friday and walked right in, show wasn't crowded and I liked being able to move around th show without bumping into people or being shoulder to shoulder.

I bought 1000 rounds of 5.56 for $328 which is a pretty good deal. Also picked up some Magpul stuff for a decent price.

I didn't really attend the show with a shopping list in mind, I simply enjoyed window shopping more than anything.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive sort of given up on Chantilly, used to be a staple and I have bought tons of stuff.

Lately between scrutiny for being the "Nation's Gunshow" and the same ho hum dealers Ive moved on. Not saying there still are not deals but between the drive, parking, B.S. meh

York is good, though the ammo is a little more but 9/10 times i just have it shipped to my door. Need to go next time as I want some 20rd Magpul G3 mags for the Tavor and some 40rders.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Never been to this show and it has always been on my list but sounds like I can scratch it off. No need to be treated like sh#t by a bunch of over priced red necks. Lok slike York will be next show.

I went yesterday with the wife and 3 kids and I was treated very well by all vendors including the one who said they couldn't sell to MD resident's (it was a mozin at a good price :() but I just went to another vendor and bout it got a decent deal on a sxs 12 gauge and picked up some desperately needed .45 (500rds tula $150) a couple crickets for the kids and some rubber band guns for the kids (I think they made out the best over me and the wife lol) we all had fun no great megga deals or anything but for me it was worth the drive no problem with parking and was there 15 min before they opened the doors the line disapeared in 2 min as everyone was prepaid to go in. only bummer couldn't find any ponchos needed 2 and their poncho liners were a little high needed 2 of them as well. My only regret was the one dealer not selling me a mosin but life goes on there were plenty there who would. Also unlike others experiance none of the vendors charged me sales tax (that I remember) when I paid with cash most made a point to say taxes were included with the price when I pulled cash out.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    So do I, but for the first time ever, I managed to not buy anything at a gun show. I paid for admission and food later, that's it.

Surprisingly, I went to the last one and did the same. That was a first for me. I have been thinking ammo prices would come down, but from what I saw they really have not

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    I know MD vendors that go an set up at this show and they have a FFL and cannot buy from some of the un-educated VA.vendors that sell ..My first thought was you have got to be kidding me..really..nope all true seen it first hand..
    Food
    There is a good BBQ place right next to the show. I cannot remember the name but way better then the crap in the show..

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I was there earlier today and it was nice to walk around in a land that is far freer than the People's Republik of Marylistan. I had to laugh and at the same time curse, at the sign above the crate of Mosins. :) :sad20:

Attachments

• mds.JPG
      mds.JPG
      45.1 KB · Views: 347

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I know MD vendors that go an set up at this show and they have a FFL and cannot buy from some of the un-educated VA.vendors that sell ..My first thought was you have got to be kidding me..really..nope all true seen it first hand..
    Food
    There is a good BBQ place right next to the show. I cannot remember the name but way better then the crap in the show..

Willard's Real Pit BBQ

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    I was there earlier today and it was nice to walk around in a land that is far freer than the People's Republik of Marylistan. I had to laugh and at the same time curse, at the sign above the crate of Mosins. :) :sad20:

Funny, but they can kiss my balls.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    With only a few exceptions, I was real unimpressed with prices. Add on top of that, I found very little of what I was looking for. Oh well.

Last edited:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    One other thing: the vendor selling (i) Indian blackhead aluminum, (ii) potassium perchlorate, (iii) electric matches, (iv) visco fuse, and (v) radio control "fireworks" igniters... All right next to each other on the table. Wow. Just wow!

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    One other thing: the vendor selling (i) Indian blackhead aluminum, (ii) potassium perchlorate, (iii) electric matches, (iv) visco fuse, and (v) radio control "fireworks" igniters... All right next to each other on the table. Wow. Just wow!

WTF? Are you serious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom