• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Why wait till next month for a typical Maryland show when this weekend is both the Lebanon, Pa and Nur Temple Newcastle De. shows?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I've never been to a Timonium show. Is it worth visiting? Seems like several people think its not...

If you're going with the idea that there are great price reduced deals to be had on ammo and firearms. Then remember this is Maryland so those will be difficult but not totally impossible to find.

But if you are going with the idea that the Maryland FFLs could use your support with even a few sales to keep the lights on... and you may meet other MDS folks there... then, it is well worth the eight bucks to get in. I have not left the show empty handed yet. And I will try to get a better price if the dealer goes for it, and sometimes they do. The savings on the last trip actually offset the price of admission.

I usually get to see Lou45, Lee2, MOPAR, SNI and a few others that I've had the pleasure of meeting while there. I've got some good deals while at Lou's table. And SNI makes some real good brownies and chocolate chip cookies. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've never been to a Timonium show. Is it worth visiting? Seems like several people think its not...

RD make some god points but in my opinion, no. It's less than 2 mi from my house and if I happen to be going by with nothing else to do I'll stop in. Don't need any guns or ammo so just go to look for the unusual or stuff like Top Hat used to have. No longer a good book dealer there so that reason is gone. Has gotten to be there are only 5-8 dealers there and a bunch of old guys trying to sell their over priced collection. More int. in talking to each other than a customer. Mark form Precision Firearms is no longer there, just one of his guys with a small setup. But I do see .22 for $60 /brick if that's worth the trip for you.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    3.2 cents a round for wildcats at the York show in 2012.

Those days will never come again :sad20:

I might stop by the show to browse for a Ruger American Rifle in 22wmr.

I haven't been to a Maryland gun show in many many years.

People said the same for the 5.56, just relax, it'll turn around.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I guess it depends on what you are into. That show has been a honey hole for me over the last several years. I've found a Remington 40xb,Winchester 52, Winchester 69A, Japanese Type 44 carbine and many other collectible guns. All we're purchased under book.
    I'll probably be there Sat looking for more scarce high condition vintage guns.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lou,

Any hints about what you may be bringing to the show?

New and used handguns, some are C&R (no HQL required on C&R handguns).

Some C&R (military and civilian and .22's too) long guns.

Some more modern used long guns.

New in box Colt AR HBAR's (at least two different models) starting at $899.95 cash or check price.

Might have more surprises rolling in the shop between now and showtime.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    New and used handguns, some are C&R (no HQL required on C&R handguns).

Some C&R (military and civilian and .22's too) long guns.

Some more modern used long guns.

New in box Colt AR HBAR's (at least two different models) starting at $899.95 cash or check price.

Might have more surprises rolling in the shop between now and showtime.

Awesome, what models of HBAR? I assume 6721s and something else, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom