• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    actually, I think those guys should be fine. I've seen that before, magazines that can hold more than 20 rounds being sold as 20 rounders, totally legally, because they're not MEANT to hold more than 20 rounds.

I'd have to see what they were charging before I can tell you if I have any sympathy for them, though ;)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The idiots look vaguely familiar from past shows. Sad part is the county is probably going to destroy the 100 mags they seized.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Not the first time I have heard of this! A vendor in MD tried to sell me a steal mag (regular 30 round AR style mag, no AK curve to it)that he said was a 20 round 7.62x39 magazine. He then secretly told me that it was just labeled as such to get around the law.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I see the original purchaser might be charged as well, I wonder if they (EDIT: meaning the customer) knew what they were doing or like the article says bought 30-round mags without knowing it because they were relabeled?

Dumb.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    And this happened last weekend, but it takes until the day the president announces his anti-gun ownership actions to write and publish this article?? WBAL wouldn't be too biased or trying to jump on the bandwagon - would they??

jhickman

Jan 4, 2013
    unionbridge md
    I feel sorry for the buyer. Just wonder if he knew all the trouble one can get for buying an illegal magazine. But soon those mags will be outlawed everywhere if our fuhrer gets his way

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    actually, I think those guys should be fine. I've seen that before, magazines that can hold more than 20 rounds being sold as 20 rounders, totally legally, because they're not MEANT to hold more than 20 rounds.

totally legally? I don't think so..

"A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I don't think so..

"A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

Idiots like them just give fuel to the anti-2As.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Totally legal? Enjoy taking legal advice from this guy. There's a reason gun shops dont give em to you and tell ya just load 20 you'll be okay.

They get what they deserve...should have seized their old beat up pick'em truck which was used to transport the magazines.

The show organizers need to do a better job as well. While you cant monitor everyone it seems many on this forum has seen the same thing..no one notified them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom