• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I saw an article that said the responding officers were watching the cameras live and basing their response off the video. The only problem is, the camera system was on a 20 minute delay.......Incompetence at it's finest.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    My one friend, I've known for about 5 years, very solid libertarian, very pro-gun. Posted Wednesday night very emotional post about how he doesn't want to give up his guns but that something needs to change with the frequency of shootings, and that likes ARs, but does he really need one? Now of course I engaged him back, but still.

So you may be right, maybe he wasn't a hard core 2A believer, ok, you win the battle of semantics.

But if people like that who in previous incidents blamed the shooter are now starting to say those things, maybe we are losing the war.

Hence my concern.

We will lose the war as long as we throw up our hands and say nothing can be done. We have to put forth some solutions like locking up our mentally ill.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well like the anti NRA sheriff Isreal said last night “teachers should be left to teach not carry guns”. He should also look at the stats that 98% of all mass shootings occurred in gun free zones. What does that tell you? These children and their parents are mental if they think that the federal government can guarantee their safety. You have to be aware and use common sense. I know it’s a cliche but true “if you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have guns”.....except for mine!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Oh I love seeing the liberals talk about the Israel model. They have no clue. In Israel, yes it is true that civilian gun ownership isn't that common outside the settlements but holy crap, I don't know if they have a word for unarmed security. Even the bus ticket checkers have guns.

Also soliders who are 18-19 carry fully automatic weapons home with them and anywhere they go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It really bothers me that on the topic of arming school teachers, the connotation is that they are a bunch of school marms that know nothing outside of their profession. Some teachers are combat veterans. I guess this has a little to do with teaching being primarily a female occupied profession.

I read here yesterday that a Sheriff in OH offered to train 50 school teachers in firearms safety and use for free. 250 signed up immediately.

Donald Trump is chairing a school/firearms/safety meeting that's being aired live on FBN right now. At least five times he has mocked and ridiculed those who advocate schools, military bases, or other places as gun-free zones. He's brought up examples and pointed out very effectively that as nice as it sounds, they all are merely inviting cowardly would-be shooters.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My one friend, I've known for about 5 years, very solid libertarian, very pro-gun. Posted Wednesday night very emotional post about how he doesn't want to give up his guns but that something needs to change with the frequency of shootings, and that likes ARs, but does he really need one? Now of course I engaged him back, but still.

So you may be right, maybe he wasn't a hard core 2A believer, ok, you win the battle of semantics.

But if people like that who in previous incidents blamed the shooter are now starting to say those things, maybe we are losing the war.

Hence my concern.

It's impossible to be a libertarian without being rabidly pro-2A, period. It is the one right that protects all of the rest. A libertarian who is waffles on 2A is a pothead pretending to be something that they are not.

The person you mentioned above allowed his emotions to cloud his reason. the 2A has nothing to do with hunting, what someone needs, what anyone thinks is reasonable, etc. The person who believes that the gunman is the problem on Sunday and starts blaming the gun on Monday was never a friend to our mutual cause.

What is the cause of every single rape in the world? Rapists.

How about every mass shooting? Mass shooters.

Facts and logic > emotion. All day, every day.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    The Broward Sheriff's office likely had all the law enforcement tools and facts justifying their use to prevent this.

It'll be awhile before this is established, because they don't want it to be; not until after lots of useless knee-jerk infringements have been unnecessarily adopted, just like the utter failure FSA2013 was adopted in Maryland.

Yeah, sometime right after we get all the details on the Las Vegas shooting.

:rolleyes:

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    That's a great argument for when people blame guns.

"You think guns caused the mass shooting? That's like saying spoons make people fat and penises cause rapes".

Wanna eliminate mass shooting forever? Ban all guns everywhere.
    Wanna eliminate rapes forever? Castrate all males at birth.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Sure, you can eliminate mass shootings if every single firearm on the planet magically were somehow destroyed and the means to re-create them were somehow, impossibly, forever lost. However, that will not eliminate mass murder, which is actually the problem.

I'm also sure that you can rape someone with a serving spoon. Pecker not required. Do you honestly think a female hasn't raped someone before?

Rape and mass murders aren't going anywhere. The means to stop them (firearms) aren't, either.

Logic!

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm just pointing out a very serious concern. In the previous shootings, pro-2A and anti-2a people lined up and each held the line.

This shooting I've seen reliable pro-2A people changing sides.

Combine that with a Republican desire to lose in 2018 and 2020, and firey passionately energized anti-Trumpism and passionate, well spoken, charismatic victims.

I just think that this has become a very real threat.

All in fun ...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Hand-made zip guns have been discovered during searches of prison cells.

When all guns everywhere are banned, even incarcerated convicts will still have guns.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Here is the Dana Loesch follow-up speech.

She is great. Could not be better. The problem is she is preaching to the choir. Everyone in that room agrees with her. Is there any way this video could be shown in the US Senate? The dems are the ones that need to confront her. Half the repubs also. CNN is already tearing this video to shreds. Their listeners have no idea what she is saying and that's a shame.

Lapierre spoke well also. Seems like the NRA is doing more than they used to. About time.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    She is great. Could not be better. The problem is she is preaching to the choir. Everyone in that room agrees with her. Is there any way this video could be shown in the US Senate? The dems are the ones that need to confront her. Half the repubs also. CNN is already tearing this video to shreds. Their listeners have no idea what she is saying and that's a shame.

Lapierre spoke well also. Seems like the NRA is doing more than they used to. About time.

The NRA needs to take our donations and buy airtime on CNN and MSNBC.

Get their azzes out of the Republican echo chambers and make a case to the rest of America.

So incredibly simple, yet they have no desire to do it.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The NRA needs to take our donations and buy airtime on CNN and MSNBC.

Get their azzes out of the Republican echo chambers and make a case to the rest of America.

So incredibly simple, yet they have no desire to do it.

Do you honestly think they will sell air time to the NRA? I don't. And the echo chamber goes both ways. America is one great big echo chamber right now on both sides of the spectrum. When you see people advocating violence against a woman who was invited by a fake news organization to practice her 1st amendment right, we have problems in this country.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Hence my concern.

People are easily swayed by strong emotions. That doesn't mean that they're incapable of reason, once the hormone storm abates.

Overexposure to MDShooters has a similar effect. That's why a number of folks with strongly-held opinions here take breaks from the site.

Viewing things through the lens of BGOS in those states which practice battering gun owners tends to skew beliefs, especially in times when emotional tides are surging. Remember the ever-improving map reporting states moving to shall-issue or constitutional carry. The trend is strong, and when the waves settle, people will respond with their former rationality, especially if the Alt-Left arguments continue to be countered by fact.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Do you honestly think they will sell air time to the NRA? I don't. And the echo chamber goes both ways. America is one great big echo chamber right now on both sides of the spectrum. When you see people advocating violence against a woman who was invited by a fake news organization to practice her 1st amendment right, we have problems in this country.

Then sue them for denying the purchase of airtime.

Tell the courts that CNN and MSNBC are prejudice against the NRA because of the NRA's deeply held views.

There has to be some equal protection under the law case that can be made.

Take the gloves off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom