• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    for those who do not like the Shield's trigger, look at the Apex kits for it. I installed the Apex parts in my 9mm shield, and the trigger went from bad to awesome.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I know how everyone feels about the Bass Pro Shop but they have the Shield on sale. $299 I think after the rebate. Not bad considering no transfer fee.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    A buddy sent me a text today and said that the Navy Exchange at Ft. Meade has them on sale for $225.00, then you get the rebate on top of that.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Most of the reviews I read before purchasing a Shield were positive - functioned reliably and had good accuracy (as compared to others in its class). If its only a trigger problem, I'm not worried about it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My guess is that gun will be discontinued once they sell out of them. How many of you regret your purchase, even at $214?

I don't regret it one bit, although I am not a fan of the trigger. I'll admit that the trigger has gotten much better now that it has about 500 hundred trigger pulls on it. Or maybe my grip and trigger pull has improved. If so, all the better for me.

All in all, it's a very nice gun.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Anybody receiving S&W rebates on Shield yet? I check Milano rebate status, and it does not acknowledge that it has received my claim. Anybody else having similar experience?

Nope, nothing yet. These things take MONTHS.

My guess is that gun will be discontinued once they sell out of them. How many of you regret your purchase, even at $214?

Discontinued? Are you kidding? This is far and away one of S&W's most popular pistols, why on earth would they discountinue it? Makes zero sense.
    As far as regretting my purchase, hell no. I tricked mine out and it purs like a kitten.

Got my shield March 10th, filed rebate same day, haven't received yet.

Gun had to be purchased between April 1st and June 30th to be eligible for rebate.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Discontinued? Are you kidding? This is far and away one of S&W's most popular pistols, why on earth would they discountinue it? Makes zero sense.
    As far as regretting my purchase, hell no. I tricked mine out and it purs like a kitten.

Gun had to be purchased between April 1st and June 30th to be eligible for rebate.

They are pushing them and folks think they are going to come out with a Shield 2.0 or something of the sort.

Regardless if you are in the market for that type of firearm at 200 bucks who cares if it isn't the latest and greatest model on the market.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I got mine. the bullets go where you point the muzzle but it seems it takes a bit more concentration to do so. Blacks sights on a black target.....hard top see at the dark and dingy MSAR range with half the lights inoperative. I thought the trigger was OK, but not terribly bad. I thought the magazine felt awfully cheap. And, it's hard to get that last round in. I think I have around 150 through mine. 115 and 124 grain Hornady XTP reloads somewhere at the high end of a standard load, but not in the +P range.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

I keep checking on my rebate here (link below), but it doesn't acknowledge my rebate claim.

http://www.rebateinquiryonline.com/MilanoConsumer/ConsumerAccessMilano.aspx

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• S&W.JPG
      S&W.JPG
      30.4 KB · Views: 214

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

Yep, you are correct. I looked at the wrong receipt. Bought mine April 1st so would have applied for rebate on the 10th maybe ? So it's only been about 5 weeks. Not really that long for a rebate

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom