• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Where are our IPs. I want to buy local.

Got a null response when I asked back on page 2. I'm all for buying local, and understand the benefits. With a limited time offer, I went ahead and bit the PSA offer when I heard nothing from our IPs. I just did not have time to shop locally.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If anyone ordered from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, did yours ship yet? I ordered a 9mm Shield w/thumb safety last Sunday morning and a week later it has not shipped yet. I am patient but I will be hella pissed if they end up "running out of stock" or something and can't fill the order...

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I picked mine up through John at Jlowes. Application is under review at msp and i'm waiting on the release from jail in a week.

mtbiker

Dec 31, 2016
    SoMd
    I got something from Sportsmans when they had a Ruger sale going on. Took about a week and a half before they shipped.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A co-worker who ordered before me got his shipping notice last night. He ordered last Saturday night, I ordered Sunday morning. Hopefully they are working through the line!

tcounc

Apr 10, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    I purchased the Shield 9mm and added the Talon grip. I love it, i enjoy shooting it. Haven't had any problems with it, I've probably put 400 rounds through it. Price is great. Thats about what i paid for mine. Depending on what you do for work, S&W has a program for fire/ems/police/first responders.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Mine says shipped but the tracking number not active yet

f61daecbd7e0da5439f8a464330a433a.jpg

ziptiespec

I've had my Shield 9mm for 2 months now. Yep, bought it before the rebates were out there. I paid $308 + $40 transfer which was a great deal then. Anyways...

Love the way the gun feels in my hand. Love how it carries. Don't love the trigger but I blame my VP9 for ruining me on triggers. Good thing Apex has products to fix the trigger.

Magazines? PSA just had them for $19 during one of their daily deals. I think we'll see more prices like this. Normally the magazines are about $23-25 ea.

What's the best IWB holster for these?

I'm on the path to discover this myself. I believe holsters are really a personal preference and what works or is comfortable for one person may not work/be comfortable for another. That said, so far I've purchased the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB holster, the Blade-Tech Revolution Klipt Appendix IWB, and the CYA IWB holster. Some links:

Alien Gear:
    Blade-Tech:
    CYA:

I returned the Blade-Tech holster promptly after receiving it. I primarily carry at 4:30/5 position and not AIWB - although flexibility in holster design to allow both is nice. The Blade-Tech is designed and advertised as an AIWB holster and excelled at that. I wanted to see if it would work in other positions as well and found that it allowed too much movement when used at 4:30/5 position. The width of the clip (too narrow) allowed way too much change in the angle of carry. It also seemed rather cheaply made and not quite worth the price.

My first Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 was bought for my VP9 and I love it for that gun. The design of the holster allows for a lot of adjustment. Depth of carry, cant, retention pressure, etc. AG includes a bunch of different length spacers and screws to add to that. The Cloak Tuck holster is pretty much designed for carry @ 4:30/5 position though - you can't use it for AIWB at all. Fine by me! The Cloak Tuck 3.0 is very comfortable, stays put, and Alien Gear's customer support is impressive. The VP9 holster shell I have is one of their molded types. The Shield shell arrived as a non-molded design - it's more of a cast design. I played with the numerous spacers that AG sends but couldn't find a similar feeling of positive retention that I have with my VP9. One e-mail to AG and I had a new molded shell for the Shield on it's way to me in very short time. Alien Gear support sent the shell without charge - I will be sending back the cast shell though. For secure 4:30/5 position carry and excellent customer service, Alien Gear is where it's at. Value for cost is extremely high considering the adjustability, build quality, and support. It sacrifices a bit in that the design is for the 4:30/5 carry position but it also excels in comfort and stability in that position.

Last but not least is the CYA IWB holster. I really like the CYA holster a lot. It has a very positive engagement as the holster slides over the trigger guard when inserting/removing the Shield. It allows for AIWB carry as well as many other positions: 4:30/5, or really any place you find it comfortable. The design uses a single clip but the clip is wide enough to reduce the changes in angle that I found fault with in the Blade-Tech holster. This holster is also very easy to insert and remove. With a two-clip holster like the Alien Gear, you usually have to undo your belt, unbutton, and unzip to install the holster. With the CYA you can really just pop it in and pop it back out again. The CYA feels to be very well made and seems to be a good value for cost. For options between AIWB and other carry positions it excels.

mtbiker

Dec 31, 2016
    SoMd
    Doesn't their site have a notice about high demand and extended ship times?
    Glad it's on the way.

My order from GunBuyer on the 1st shipped on the 4th, arrived at my ffl on the 6th. Should be in my hands by Friday :D
    Wow that's pretty fast shipping. I need to check out GunBuyer next time.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Damn. A one day sale? I snoozed. I losed. Thanks anyway for the heads-up.

On the other hand, I got my "Congratulations you are not disapproved!" email from the popo today, so as soon as I can get to Blue Fins I'll have a new addition to the family. Hey, I need to keep buying more guns so that no one can say I'm not a "genuine" collector, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom