• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Your choice for a 45acp concealed carry weapon?

• SW M&P Shield

Votes: 12 13.6%
    • Springfield XDs (probably 4")

Votes: 23 26.1%
    • Glock 36

Votes: 21 23.9%
    • other, please elaborate

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I wish I had liked my LCP. I wish it were more reliable actually. The thing barely cycled ammo. I probably just had a Friday afternoon or Monday morning one.

What did you you switch to for pocket carry?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I carry either Springfield XDs 3.3 or Colt Enhanced Officer's Model.

I have carried a full size 1911 in a shoulder rig.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Bought a Star PD .45 3 weeks ago and have carried it daily.
    Carries in and out of waistband wonderfully. Shoots straight using 185gr gold dots.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I like the Kimber Ultra +II. I have bigger hands so I like it's bigger grip. I have had only 1 malfunction with it and that was in the first 20 rounds.More than 500 since and no issues.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    S&W SW1911PD - a lightweight (Al frame) commander clone with an external extractor. I put so many rounds through it I bought a Colt combat commander to practice with so I wouldn't wear it out. It carried fine IWB in a horsehide holster when I spent a lot of time in Florida.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    I wanted to carry a 1911 for a while but decided that I wanted to carry something that could be reliable without all of the maintenance.

125fa69ba6d9c65b4599f794c7ab6feb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Still debating and waiting for the Shield to get approved. I have a buddy that has one in purgatory so I'll look closely at that once he can get it.

I have been carrying the G30 IWB in either a Theis or Sticky holster. Both have advantages and disadvantages and in the winter with more clothes, it's not too bad, but I'm still leaning towards a somewhat thinner profile and lighter weight for an everyday IWB carry pistol in .45acp

I will look more closely at the 30s as well, since I like the idea of the larger capacity. It can mean the difference between carrying a spare mag or not and that is a factor also...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Still debating and waiting for the Shield to get approved. I have a buddy that has one in purgatory so I'll look closely at that once he can get it.

I have been carrying the G30 IWB in either a Theis or Sticky holster. Both have advantages and disadvantages and in the winter with more clothes, it's not too bad, but I'm still leaning towards a somewhat thinner profile and lighter weight for an everyday IWB carry pistol in .45acp

I will look more closely at the 30s as well, since I like the idea of the larger capacity. It can mean the difference between carrying a spare mag or not and that is a factor also...
    The 30s with a Little Foxx IWB holster is very comfortable and very concealable.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Glock 30s hands down.

Why is this? Because you own 20 Glocks and they're "the best"? You don't even carry .45.

Pretty tired of your zero gun experience blowing the Glock penis. Glock is not the end all carry pistol out there. Geezus. Give it a break. You've shot nothing else, and tout Glock. By your own admission, you don't get to the range enough. Oh, you had a shield that you got rid of because it wasn't a Glock.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Why is this? Because you own 20 Glocks and they're "the best"? You don't even carry .45.

Pretty tired of your zero gun experience blowing the Glock penis. Glock is not the end all carry pistol out there. Geezus. Give it a break. You've shot nothing else, and tout Glock. By your own admission, you don't get to the range enough. Oh, you had a shield that you got rid of because it wasn't a Glock.

Did I piss in your cornflakes? Block me if you don't like what I have to say. I am caught a little off guard here because I didn't know WE had a problem but if we do so be it. Unless you are just drunk posting in which case you are forgiven.

By the way you quoted a post from early September. It took you two months to go into dick mode?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Did I piss in your cornflakes? Block me if you don't like what I have to say. I am caught a little off guard here because I didn't know WE had a problem but if we do so be it. Unless you are just drunk posting in which case you are forgiven.

By the way you quoted a post from early September. It took you two months to go into dick mode?

Dude, Glock is not the only decent brand out there. Just because you have limited experience, doesn't mean every other brand sucks.
    It's just tiring when someone asks about a recommendation, Glock is the best. It's getting old. We know you have Glocks, and you hate other brands. Other brands are good too. Anyone who is a shooter, can shoot anything.
    Just letting you know, Glock is NOT the only quality pistol out there.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Dude, Glock is not the only decent brand out there. Just because you have limited experience, doesn't mean every other brand sucks.
    It's just tiring when someone asks about a recommendation, Glock is the best. It's getting old. We know you have Glocks, and you hate other brands. Other brands are good too. Anyone who is a shooter, can shoot anything.
    Just letting you know, Glock is NOT the only quality pistol out there.

First of all I didn't scale back my handgun collection to all Glock semi-autos and Ruger revolvers until last year. I have owned numerous other brands of handguns over the past 25 years and started carrying in Maryland in 1995. Of course I haven't shot a few million rounds on the taxpayers dime like you have but I don't exactly have zero experience either. I do often carry a Glock 30s so your super LEO xray vision may be lacking somewhat when you think you know what I carry. I didn't say any other brand sucks so again, wtf is your problem? Block me if you don't like what I say.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    First of all I didn't scale back my handgun collection to all Glock semi-autos and Ruger revolvers until last year. I have owned numerous other brands of handguns over the past 25 years and started carrying in Maryland in 1995. Of course I haven't shot a few million rounds on the taxpayers dime like you have but I don't exactly have zero experience either. I do often carry a Glock 30s so your super LEO xray vision may be lacking somewhat when you think you know what I carry. I didn't say any other brand sucks so again, wtf is your problem? Block me if you don't like what I say.

Chime in with some other positive gun brand experience then. All you post about is Glock. It's tiring.
    Well, my xray vision knows what you carry because you always post it. That, and in little fox holsters. JUST. GETTING. OLD about Glock.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Chime in with some other positive gun brand experience then. All you post about is Glock. It's tiring.
    Well, my xray vision knows what you carry because you always post it. That, and in little fox holsters. JUST. GETTING. OLD about Glock.
    Funny since I can remember a time when all you talked about was Sig 229 and the .357 sig caliber but I guess you have matured in the last few years.

What's tiring is your constant mood swings on the forum. Why be a dick? Is there some reward in it for you? I frequently type a post and read it before hitting submit and then delete it because it would be a dick move to post it. Clearly you just hit submit no matter how ignorant your post is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom