• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    After a pretty disappointing early spring season it’s time to see some summer fishing results here. Post’em up!
    Thanks for going today, Outrider58 and Babalou. This was the first trip for us on the upper bay today.
    43B7EF38-4744-4F2A-B956-5EB589363391.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks again for having us aboard! Excellent day on the bay. Here I am with my good buddy babalou with just some of today's catch.

Attachments

• 14871.jpeg
      14871.jpeg
      51.2 KB · Views: 648

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Had a three person group this morning. The bite was a bit tough for us today, well almost like pulling teeth. But we managed to get their fish.
    5A305F12-9286-4B70-8A5A-FC3A49160D4F.jpg

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ChrisD, it was a pleasure to meet you. Your mate was awesome, as well. Like I said to you yesterday, you are Da'Man!! All other boats followed you. You were very generous with your time and knowledge. The ride and views were awesome. Again, you made an awesome experience.

Outrider58, Thanks for the invite. I had an awesome time with you and the Mrs., as well as Rusty. He is a cool dude. Even if we had not caught anything, the day was awesome. The fact we were the first this season to get max haul from that location? Priceless. I just had half a filet with a baked potato that look a lot like crispy Tater Tots :P

Great People, Great Time!!

People need to contact ChrisD.

One note. We were one fish short and were pulling in the lines. I mentioned that I bet a couple will hop on while pulling the lines in. Well, guess what? They did. hahahaha.

Mrs. Outrider58 caught two of the biggest. Of course they were on the longest lines. hahahaha.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    The last couple of days there have been LOTS of boats fishing the northeast corner of the Bay Bridge, like 50 - 75 boats. They're anchored or trolling so close to each other that folks could probably walk across the boats to shore. What are they catching?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    According to ChrisD, stripers were there on the East side like Thursday. We went there and immediately went across to the West side south of the bridge. Tons of bait fish on the radar and lots of stripers. Then they would move. So we spent our time on that side going up and down and across to the middle and back. Caught a lot more but were just under 19". Many like 18" or so. the bigger ones we caught were hunkered down about 25'-30'. I got the biggest at like 25". Mrs. Outrider58 caught two close to that.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    The last couple of days there have been LOTS of boats fishing the northeast corner of the Bay Bridge, like 50 - 75 boats. They're anchored or trolling so close to each other that folks could probably walk across the boats to shore. What are they catching?

They're catching each other.

I got a 20 and a 26 yesterday at the bridge. I didn't think they were picture worthy. I've spent a lot of time this spring trying to catch species I haven't caught before. I got my first snakehead from Middle River and Black Drum down at Cape Charles. Been trying to score one for damn near 40 years...Now I want to get up to the susky and catch a flat head..The water in the upper bay is so fresh it doesn't even register as brackish on the salinity tester. People are catching catfish as far down as Solomons and a few bass fishermen are reporting large mouth being caught at the mouth of the Patapsco near Stoney Creek and the mouth of the Chester at Love Point...the upper bay is a mess right now...BUT the crabs are starting to move. A friend went Sunday and caught a dozen at Curtis Creek....took all day but he got them..

Rockfish chumming LY and soft crabs. You got to get there early to get a spot or wait your turn when someone leaves. I was there for 2 hours yesterday and caught my limit with a few shorts in between. It wasn't as chaotic as you might think. All the boats around me were cordial, even helpful. One boat was leaving and the guys stopped and gave me a leftover softcrab (I caught my 2nd keeper on it) and I didn't see any tempers flare even though we were basically fishing on top of each other..

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Little 21” I was happy to get at piling set 56 yesterday. First fish I’ve been able to jig up this year. They were in there thick for sure.

Attachments

• 0DA56D76-D8B3-4029-9DDA-AC9CF6CCBFFB.jpg
      0DA56D76-D8B3-4029-9DDA-AC9CF6CCBFFB.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 274
    • 14D338F4-B757-4029-B820-2F712334BAF4.jpg
      14D338F4-B757-4029-B820-2F712334BAF4.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 279

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Probably neither but I didn't think it was smart to go out. I would have been casting lures. Most boats that I have seen have been anchored so not trolling.

Heading out tomorrow for a little chunking. We will see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom