• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    PIG Gloves.....that made me giggle like a little kid.....sorry.

Horrible model name to be honest

It's their house brand name from what I gather. I'd suggest you give it a look - there's nothing that rivals them in the price range.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What are the chances that the mechanix gloves I’m buying from amazon are a Chinese knock off? The leather got all fuzzy and started coming apart. This is a pair I hunt with and they don’t really get hard use other than getting wet.

Attachments

• 1D856A99-63A1-4BFD-96FB-369D57E74D14.jpg
      1D856A99-63A1-4BFD-96FB-369D57E74D14.jpg
      118.5 KB · Views: 189

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone have luck searching for these on Amazon? I can't find them.

Very freaking sadly i believe that style was discontinued. I’ve been using another brand that are decent but no where near was amazing as those.

I been using these lately from Home Depot. I don’t like them as much but they do a good job. I’m the environmental crimes guy so i am rooting through a good bit of trash( drywall, metal, tires, etc) and they have held up nice. They provide very little to no warmth and zero water protection if either of those are a concern. They are comfortable though.

Attachments

• E0D97118-8817-4D20-86E1-7DD7974D6539.jpg
      E0D97118-8817-4D20-86E1-7DD7974D6539.jpg
      43.9 KB · Views: 165

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Very freaking sadly i believe that style was discontinued. I’ve been using another brand that are decent but no where near was amazing as those

Dang it. Thanks for the fast response. I shot at AGC last Friday and the Hatch gloves I have weren't cutting it. The forefinger material didn't fit into the trigger guard easily.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dang it. Thanks for the fast response. I shot at AGC last Friday and the Hatch gloves I have weren't cutting it. The forefinger material didn't fit into the trigger guard easily.

The only hatch gloves i haven’t hated were the fridkmasters but i decided when i was in patrol and didn’t have my own vehicle that i wasn’t going to keep buying 40 dollar gloves and losing them.

Baseball gloves are a great alternative since they are tight.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    What are the chances that the mechanix gloves I’m buying from amazon are a Chinese knock off? The leather got all fuzzy and started coming apart. This is a pair I hunt with and they don’t really get hard use other than getting wet.
    I guess dog skin just doesn't hold up

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Well dang! Never seen that happen. I’ve been hunting with the same set of multicam Mechnix gloves for 3 seasons now. Been soaked a couple of times and I’ve washed blood out of them with a little bleach a couple of times (didn’t take the coloring out of the leather). Still holding up great and I got annoyed with taking them in and out of my range bag and hunting pack so I got a 2nd pair. Now one stays in my range bag and one in my hunting pack. No good for really cold weather, but just fine down to upper 40s hunting and colder at the range.

I use the Fastfit line.

I just got some Midway Elkfork (Elk River?) winter gloves. Really nice. Maybe not 0F rated gloves, but they worked fine in the stand yesterday for about 2 1/2hrs at freezing temps. Probably would have been fine down to about 20F for extended periods if I had been using liners in the gloves. I can fit my fingers in most trigger guards okay.

If moving around they’d probably be fine down to 10F or so without liners.

Better than the fleece Midway gloves I had been using which my fingers get really cold after about 2hrs or sitting if temps are around freezing and also don’t cut the wind well. Those are more like 40-50F gloves.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    7d6dc9c0c8a4972c67b8bd7ef513f310_zps21dfd2f1.jpg

Also for the record I'm not comparing them for actual mechanics work. Shooting and search warrants they are great!!

Gonna give those a try. I like the black mechanix gloves, but the velcro closure on the wrist is a most poor design.

Thanks Stanton...if that's your real name...

;)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Gonna give those a try. I like the black mechanix gloves, but the velcro closure on the wrist is a most poor design.

Thanks Stanton...if that's your real name...

;)

The fast fit don’t have Velcro. Just slip on with light elastic in the cuff. Try mine on when we hit the range together soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom