• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    North Eastern Cecil County Resident.

Going to finally jump and get my HQL.

The only part that is not easy to figure out is the Fingerprinting.

I know you have to do it Livescan.

My problem is finding locations to do it.

Through the WEB the lists from the Government and MSP are not very good.

On these list my closest location is the MVA in Bel Air.

I called Ricks the only Cecil Gun Shop and they pointed me to Qualls Security in Elkton.

The Number for Qualls forwards from the number Called to a Cell Number and it has the standard Voice Mail Recording and it only IDs it by Phone Number which was different than the one I called.

I called the number several times and all I get is Voice Mail and I left a MSG.

So my experience is they don't answer their phone nor return messages.

I have ended up setting up an appointment at the MVA after Calling one number and being on hold and then getting a second number and being on hold to finally make the appointment.

It will be a 40 minute drive for me.

I am committed to this appointment but was wondering if MDShooters would be interested in having their own list or sticky of LiveScan Locations. Maybe I am wrong but I believe there has to be more locations than those I can find from MSP HQL Fingerprint page.

Also the sticky can clarify clarification what Livescan is.

Live Scan is taking your fingerprints Digitally I know that. But is Live Scan similar to something like EZPass which means that any Live Scan provider can do it and submit it to MSP or is it limited approved locations specific to the MSP? Are they limited to Lvescans within Maryland or can they extend to other states?

So how about a Live Scan with location FAQ/Wiki or Sticky for MDShooters.

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    LinkState, Thanks, I seen this list, it is the one I mention in my post, If you are East MD, West MD and basically not Baltimore/Annapolis your choices are far and between.

FFBWMD, Sorry I thought by stating northeast Cecil County and Elkton I did.

The thing is look at the list in LinkState's post I know it has a lot but the coverage is so concentrated.

I thought it might be nice if MDShooters could come up with a better more comprehensive list. But maybe that is all there is. The State sure doesn't give a nickle a anyways.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Some MVA offices have a MSP fingerprinting office in them. I know that Bel Air MVA does.

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    That is where I have my Appointment at the Bel Air MVA and is the nearest location to me and it is 40 minutes away.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Some MVA offices have a MSP fingerprinting office in them. I know that Bel Air MVA does.

That is where I have my Appointment at the Bel Air MVA and is the nearest location to me and it is 40 minutes away.

Just a quick note & generalization: while I think the MVA's require an appointment, I know the Frederick County Sheriff's dept does prints on a walk-in basis on Tues-Thurs afternoons (in & out within about 15 minutes), so maybe other law enforcement offices operate similarly?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    look in the eastern shore sub forum. Molly's is doing it tomorrow . You can get ammo (22lr) and lunch at the same time :)

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    My advice is simply to drive to Bel Air, keep your appointment at the MVA & you'll be all set...

This is relatively new technology & there just aren't that many options...

Keep it simple...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    This thread is over two years old. It was revived by someone advertising.

Yes which is why I added a date to my reply, for people who may look at this thread since it was revived.

Certifixlivescan shure didn't read the thread because they don't even offer any locations anywhere near Cecil County. I don't patronize spammers!:tdown:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It looks like the Mods are on top of things as usual and made the advertising post that revived this thread disappear. Good job Mods.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom