CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    I think many are missing the subtlety of this particular angle if the suit. This filing is specifically aimed at:
    ADA implications if the bill (non standard magazines)
    Interstate commerce (banned rifles being a key income source for local FFL's)
    And a direct association of "common use" firearms as defined in Heller.

As others have mentioned, this is not the primary 2A suit, that one is sure to follow. Keep your shorts on, I predict within two months you'll need a spreadsheet to follow all of the different filings.

TxAggie, it also had a very interesting slant to it, to use the phrase "In the home" so that it didn't invoke the finer points of Heller also supporting outside the home.

This is clearly a dagger straight-to-the-heart approach on this. No reason to include extraneous info, they'll just use that for diversion tactics.

I especially liked the fact that preference for law enforcement over say retired veterans or "regular" citizens was a violation of equal protection under the 14th.

Take away the exclusions for law enforcement and there will be an uproar from them. They know extended magazines are critical for defense.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Not a lawyer but after briefly reading the complaint I thought... 'WOW That's going to be tough one' I'm VERY interested in the states response..

Mr H

Banana'd
    OOPS!!! Ummmm, Nancy???

Sen. Jacobs sent this out, but somehow left out AGC!!!

For those of you who have not heard, yesterday, September 26, 2013, Maryland Shall Issue, Inc., The Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, the Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, Wink's Sporting Goods, Inc., Matthew Godwin, Andrew Turner and Shawn Tardy filed a suit in U. S. District Court of Maryland seeking injunction to stop the Firearm Safety Law of 2013 from taking effect October 1, 2013.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    All the work and base funding for these suits come from grassroots organizations, people like you and me doing the grunt work and making donations. We do get some matching funds and sometimes some legal help from national organizations but the bulk of the work and money is from plain old everyday people. We need help from our brothers and sisters across America because there are more suits to follow in the coming days and weeks, every single one of the suits could have to be taken as far as SCOTUS and that costs. These cases can set national precedent. To be blunt, we need money in the form of donations to some of our state level groups leading the fight. Any amount will do, even as little as $5, please send us the cost of one box of ammo if you can.

To donate you can go online to the first group and it will go right to the litigation fund. The other two you can send a check or money order and mark in the comment line "Maryland Litigation Fund" and it will go to this and the upcoming lawsuits.

Maryland Shall Issue
    https://marylandshallissue.com/joindonate-now/

AGC, make checks payable to AGC and write Litigation Fund in the comment line then mail to:
    John H. Josselyn, Legislative Vice President
    Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Legislative Office
    PO Box 20102
    Towson, MD 21284-0102

Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, makes checks payable to MLFDA and write Litigation Fund in the comment line then mail to:
    MLFDA c/o:
    Shooter's Discount
    401 Center St. Ste 101
    Mt. Airy, MD 21771

ready to donate..

guess checks are the best since credit cards and paypal take a cut out of the funds

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Posted on FB with the AGC link from the OP in this thread at the bottom. Feel free to repost on your FB, no attribution required.

We have some serious 2A issues here in Maryland and have twice sued the Maryland State Police. The first time in July, the case was put in abeyance as MSP rolled over and agreed to stipulate to the letter of the law. The second time was last week, we filed suit and sought a TRO. The TRO was not granted because MSP rolled over at the last minute, admitted they broke state and Federal law and assured the court they had stopped the practice. That did not prevent the suit from being heard seeking permanent injunctive relief and damages, the decision is due tomorrow. The second suit was for a massive breach of the Personally Identifying Information of 38,000 individuals, this is a well beyond serious issue.

Today the third lawsuit was filed, this time a broad Constitutional suit against the new Maryland gun grab called bill SB281 due to go into effect October 1st. There is a link to the full 34 page complaint in the article below.

All the work and base funding for these suits come from grassroots organizations, people like you and me doing the grunt work and making donations. We do get some matching funds and sometimes some legal help from national organizations but the bulk of the work and money is from plain old everyday people. We need help from our brothers and sisters across America because there are more suits to follow in the coming days and weeks, every single one of the suits could have to be taken as far as SCOTUS and that costs. These cases can set national precedent. To be blunt, we need money in the form of donations to some of our state level groups leading the fight. Any amount will do, even as little as $5, please send us the cost of one box of ammo if you can.

To donate you can go online to the first group and it will go right to the litigation fund. The other two you can send a check or money order and mark in the comment line "Maryland Litigation Fund" and it will go to this and the upcoming lawsuits.

Maryland Shall Issue
    https://marylandshallissue.com/joindonate-now/

AGC, make checks payable to AGC and write Litigation Fund in the comment line then mail to:
    John H. Josselyn, Legislative Vice President
    Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Legislative Office
    PO Box 20102
    Towson, MD 21284-0102

Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, makes checks payable to MLFDA and write Litigation Fund in the comment line then mail to:
    MLFDA c/o:
    Shooter's Discount
    401 Center St. Ste 101
    Mt. Airy, MD 21771

I stole this and posted on my FB page as well. Thank you!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So what has our NRA dollars gotten us Marylanders? - nothing that I can see. Even after the president of NRA, who lives in Md, said they would file law suit - right!:mad54:

MSI is where our dollars should go:D

Easy big boy, there are still plenty of issues on the table and a lot of stuff hasn't taken affect yet. There will be more coming, just keep your britches on.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The Shooting Sports Foundation is under the direction of the NRA IIRC.

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but just reading the brief I could tell they have two specific complaints in this one brief. 1) the undue hardship the law has on Americans with disabilities
    2) the undue hardship this places on Maryland FFL's in relation to those of neighboring states.

Don't bet on this being the only game in town.

Negative ghostrider, the NSSF is their own entity, with it's own board and membership, with no direct input from NRA. Their headquarters is in......wait for it.....Newtown, CT.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    here is the MSI address
    Donations may also be mailed to:

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc.
    1332 Cape St. Claire Road #342
    Annapolis, MD 21409

Make Checks/Money Orders payable to: Maryland Shall Issue®.

$200 inbound. Without you, we'd get trampled. Your efforts are appreciated more than words can express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom