CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm hopeful that the HQL case is waiting in the wings and will be filed once SB281 goes into effect. I imagine there are several cases which are headed to the courts.

Shamr0ck

Note that this case makes 2A less the focus than 14A... Yes, they're both critical, but this is a bit of a sidestep, and I like the direction it points.

HQL is both, as well, but should be more heavily toward 2A. This, IMO, is where NRA (and maybe even GOA???) will hit hard. I don't know it for fact, but it's out there.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Notice that this suit focuses on the "assault long guns" and "high capacity magazines". There's nothing on the HQL in there.

Given that the sworn testimony in by sown of the folks from the MSP is all but perfect to challenge the HQL on constitutional grounds, I'd say that this is just the opening salvo.

This is pure speculation. I have no particular insight.

I was thinking the same thing. One bite at a time :)

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    A little food for thought.

NRA is a four letter word in MD.
    NRA is not a NAMED plaintiff in THIS suit.
    Several members of various gun groups continue to INSIST that the NRA is helping them and VERY involved.
    Does NRA "need" to be a named plaintiff to help? Think about this...

You guys are seeing the face of the lawsuit and not the guts. This may be intentional. Do you know for a fact that they aren't helping?

The NRA is very methodical in their actions. We all know that Shannon Alford has been deeply involved. Maybe we should all listen to the whispers that NRA is helping in ways you don't see in the filed complaints.

Just my $.02.

Do not bash the NRA. This is a strategic, long term game and we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I will be upgrading to life member and donating to the NRA-ILA, if that tells you anything.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Btw. If you donate to the ILA, you can write in the memo line... MD LITIGATION and it will only be used to support MD litigation.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

NRA is a four letter word in MD.
    Several members of various gun groups continue to INSIST that the NRA is helping them and VERY involved.

You guys are seeing the face of the lawsuit and not the guts. This may be intentional. Do you know for a fact that they aren't helping?

The NRA is very methodical in their actions. We all know that Shannon Alford has been deeply involved. Maybe we should all listen to the whispers that NRA is helping in ways you don't see in the filed complaints.

Just my $.02.

Do not bash the NRA. This is a strategic, long term game and we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I will be upgrading to life member and donating to the NRA-ILA, if that tells you anything.

The time we spend squabbling could be put to better us, in any case.

If you insist on squabbling you should know that you will be ignored as my time has more value...

It is also the case that we need to know that we can count on your support . It past time to know if you are in this fight unconditionally -- if so thanks, if not please do not impede our objectives...

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

Here is a quote from the Fox News article about the lawsuit:

A spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association told The Baltimore Sun lawyers for the plaintiffs plan to ask a judge Friday for an injunction to prevent the law from taking effect.

Riddle me this, Batman, if the NRA isn't involved in the lawsuit, how would they know this???

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Riddle me this, Batman, if the NRA isn't involved in the lawsuit, how would they know this???

It's called communication. It's a good thing for our side to speak as one ;)

People only need to pay attention to what is going on here. It has been said numerous times that the groups (MSI, AGC, NRA, MSRPA et al) are communicating and in "lock-step" to use Patrick's words. Having been privy to a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff, I can tell you that is most certainly the case.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    People only need to pay attention to what is going on here. It has been said numerous times that the groups (MSI, AGC, NRA, MSRPA et al) are communicating and in "lock-step" to use Patrick's words. Having been privy to a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff, I can tell you that is most certainly the case.

I second.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I read the suit, there was nothing in there regarding the cost of the license, and the undue burdon for range/training/etc on individual. Will this be addressed in future suites (post Oct 1)

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I read the suit, there was nothing in there regarding the cost of the license, and the undue burdon for range/training/etc on individual. Will this be addressed in future suites (post Oct 1)

2 different issues. I think it is safe to assume that HQL will be challenged separately.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA

You don't need training to buy long guns. This is the long gun suit.

The handgun suit is coming. You can have a number of lawsuits in play over different topics.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Note that this case makes 2A less the focus than 14A... Yes, they're both critical, but this is a bit of a sidestep, and I like the direction it points.

The 14A is a bit maligned these days, especially by political conservatives (and it makes them look like idiots when they do it, IMNSHO). To make liberals to defend their law against it is a very nice touch.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Note the pseudo factual statement asserting that the AR-15 was the gun used in the Newtown shooting...

Nauseating to watch the repeater.

Ahhh, did notice that and skimmed right on past it. I recall there being a question on that gun actually being what was used, and initial reports not mentioning it....hate to derail the thread here, but point taken :) Note to self - finish coffee before posting hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom