• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, they've got a "special" set of rules for the folks like myself and the other ~300+ people who are in process and will get fvcked over.

I'm on the edge of my seat wating to hear how it will be handled. Or, actually... no, I'm really NOT.

Myself and the other few people I know who are in the process now (haven't been to OAH) will more than likely just say fvck it and give up.

Mission accomplished.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Under the rules, it was "laid over" until tomorrow to give the Senators time to review the newest amendment - http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/amds/bil_0000/SB1000_37322401.pdf.

The latest amendment is meant to address those that have already applied but not received a hearing in front of the HPRB. In order to mollify those serfs, the MGA has decided that the serfs will be sent a letter advising them that the board was demolished and giving them 30 days to RE-REQUEST a hearing, this time in front of OAH.

Folks - call your Senators and express your displeasure with this destruction of citizen oversight and transparency of government action.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So if Hogan veto's the bill then what???? and if it does become law then how many or how soon will someone file the lawsuit?

Vote wasn't taken just then. They sounded as if they were waiting to have time to review the last two amendments which include how they have guidance from the AG saying there's nothing stopping them from screwing over the people who already have HPRB hearing requests filed.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    We will be hosed. They don't like how the HPRB has recently been more supportive of the average citizen, so it's time to change the rules. They want to get rid of the electoral college, pack the supreme court. Because if they can't win fairly, then being unfairly is just as legitimate in minds and being fair.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Under the rules, it was "laid over" until tomorrow to give the Senators time to review the newest amendment - http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/amds/bil_0000/SB1000_37322401.pdf.

The latest amendment is meant to address those that have already applied but not received a hearing in front of the HPRB. In order to mollify those serfs, the MGA has decided that the serfs will be sent a letter advising them that the board was demolished and giving them 30 days to RE-REQUEST a hearing, this time in front of OAH.

Folks - call your Senators and express your displeasure with this destruction of citizen oversight and transparency of government action.

Thank you Mike for your experience that provides this clarity!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We will be hosed. They don't like how the HPRB has recently been more supportive of the average citizen, so it's time to change the rules. They want to get rid of the electoral college, pack the supreme court. Because if they can't win fairly, then being unfairly is just as legitimate in minds and being fair.

YES! Elections have CONSEQUENCES and Hogan’s election brought citizens to the board to remove the decades-long 5th Amendment TRAP created by nonsensical restrictions!

The HBRB us there to carry out EXECUTIVE POLICY for the executive that is in office! That’s why we bother with elections.

Tell the Democraps that smothering the CITIZEN OVERSIGHT policy that they disagree with is a disgusting sour grapes reaction to losing elections.

It is Un-American!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The Hogan haters on this board make my head spin. lol. Spent the last 4 years attacking him. If he was a gun hater, why is the legislature going to emergency legislation to dissolve the board. lol. Now suddenly hes one of us because he appointed people to the board which allows people to get permits. Cracks me up.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That takes me back to the same page.

I am an unperson. :(

This is the problem I was having. Doesn’t matter now they’re adjourned. Another shining example of fantastic government service provided to the citizens of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I think that feed was just simply accidentally up (to an empty room).

Doesn't appear to be accidental / appears to be troubleshooting - MGA IT has apparently been working on some issues this session. I have seen multiple room up during floor sessions to permit them to perform testing of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom