• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    My name is Matt and I have a problem... I need more Victorinox! Seriously, I do love Victorinox knives and tools. It is one of my favorite knife brands. For Christmas my brother got me another to add to my modest collection. A camo Trekker with serrated blade. Funny thing is I hate serrations but I love the ones on Trekkers. Anyone else have a healthy addiction for Victorinox blades?

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpg
      IMG_1777.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 966
    • IMG_1801.jpg
      IMG_1801.jpg
      110.2 KB · Views: 968

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    I'm embarrassed but, to tell the truth, I didn't know they made blades. I have two pieces of Victorinox luggage and I think they are superior to anything else out there.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've got a swiss card in my wallet that comes in handy all the friggin time. One if the best gifts I've gotten.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I didn't know they had single blades, like your camo knife and that's maybe not a good thing...hahaha.

I've been a fan of the Tinker for 30 years and have as many as I see you have, (3). They endure a lot of abuse. Just yesterday I cut through wire with the big blade...(I know it's disrespectful, but it put up with the abuse).

I have a tiny little one, too, with a scissors and fingernail file.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    All of my butchering knives are Victorinox. I’ve owned a Swiss Army knife a time or two throughout my life, but moved away from those to a standard folder (not Victronix). But I absolutely love all of mine :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I carry a one-handed Trekker pretty much all the time. Very useful, especially the saw blade, which I thought would never see use. I like the serrations at the tip of the blade, too.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I am an addict. When i see them on sale, i buy an extra. When i find them used in theift shops i buy them. I have them everywhere and use them for their tools as they are so handy. And their plastic handled kitchen knives are both terrific and reasonable.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That brings back memories. I wonder where my old one went.

I actually bought one a while back as a going away gift for a female co-worker, ya she was sort of survivalist cool in a mom like package. Weird.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    been carrying Victorinox since about 12 (now 57) when my father gave me my first. Never pulled out them all to take a pic. I agree with the Tinker being my fav to carry daily. Also like the camper for cutting holes in drywall. I"m not a fan of the translucent scales but doesn't mean i won't buy them.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I am an addict. When i see them on sale, i buy an extra. When i find them used in theift shops i buy them. I have them everywhere and use them for their tools as they are so handy. And their plastic handled kitchen knives are both terrific and reasonable.

I will do the same with certain models. ie Trekkers. lol Ill have to check out their kitchen knives too.

I actually bought one a while back as a going away gift for a female co-worker, ya she was sort of survivalist cool in a mom like package. Weird.

They do make fantastic gifts! Sounds like an awesome women!

been carrying Victorinox since about 12 (now 57) when my father gave me my first. Never pulled out them all to take a pic. I agree with the Tinker being my fav to carry daily. Also like the camper for cutting holes in drywall. I"m not a fan of the translucent scales but doesn't mean i won't buy them.

I only discovered their greatness about two years ago, but I have had one with me almost every day since.

The Victorinox SwissTool Spirit X is my favorite multitool. I have several Gerbers and Leathermans including two Waves, but I still prefer the Spirit X. It's fit and finish and comfort when using it are years ahead of Leatherman and Gerber, and I think the tools are more versatile too.

I want a Spirit X too. I am a HUGE Leatherman Super Tool 300 and Rebar fan, but my Swisstool X seems to be on my belt a lot more that the others. The tool set on the Swisstool X is as close to perfection as can be for my needs. I agree, the finish is superior to any other multitool I have owned.

I’ll add that I love the jaw-dropping when I whip out the tinker and help someone with the phillips head screwdriver.

I am the butt of many "utility belt" jokes at work simply because I don't leave home without a multitool. Ever. I am also the first person they go to when they need a screw driver, knife, or pliers. lol

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I am the butt of many "utility belt" jokes at work simply because I don't leave home without a multitool. Ever. I am also the first person they go to when they need a screw driver, knife, or pliers. lol

When I've been in demand at the office I usually followed up my repair with, "A real man carries a knife", just to rub it in a little :D

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Yup, whenever someone needs a knife or "tool" they ask me. I keep telling them they should get one of their own, their response "why we have you".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom