• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    So yeah. I'm new to you, but you are not new to me. Been a lurker (even unregistered) for a few years. In August I decided to go ahead and create an account. And only recently decided to start posting.

As I get more and more involved with the local gun community, I realize there are more of us than meets the eye. I'm a transplant to Maryland... and I come from the gun-friendly mountain states. Well...that was a culture shock. lol

I'm ex LEO, but I haven't been a badge toter for 13 years now. I still bleed blue when cut tho, and I continue to carry thanks to LEOSA (with certain limitations of course). I've been carrying a gun for over 27 years. I set up and ran an armed security team for a church in Colorado. I've shot IPSC, IDPA, and engaged in some fun charity shooting events with the 4H. I was SWAT for a little over 4 years. I am out of practice. I need to get re-engaged.

I'm a YouTuber. That sounds funny I'm sure. It's something I enjoy doing and I've been doing it pretty consistently for about the last 6 years. I take my interests, and skills and use YouTube as a venue to share and connect with others. Whether is learning to fly a plane, playing with RC toys, Jeeps, or guns. Yep, I've been encouraged by several to start a gun-related YouTube channel... so I did. Finally.

I have long avoided being "public" about my gun self. It's nobody's business that I carry, or what I carry. That's why I have been a lurker here, rather than active. But, I've decided to change things up a bit because I want join those of you who are working hard to help others learn, get proper training, and perhaps better understand the gun community. I'm working to become an NRA instructor in the pistol disciplines, and then I'd like to get more engaged in that arena. Ultimately, I'd like to get back to supporting Law Enforcement, as a civilian, and this may be a way to do it. So anyway... that's why the change.

It may not be your thing, but if it is... feel free to check it out. I'd appreciate a "subscribe". It's very new. But I have a lot of thoughts on content. I'm trying to kick out content that's a little different than the usual "I'm a professional shooter and I'm switched on 100% of the time" type of stuff. There are enough folks out there already covering that genre. I watch them. I learn from them. But that's not my lifestyle, so I'll just be the "regular guy with a dad bod" type of channel. It's called blasterKRAFT. I know... not my first choice, but I was having to navigate around trademarks and branding in a very saturated space.

Finally, I'll just say thanks. I learn so much from all of you. There is a lot of experience in this forum!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPQ5Ar9zzQF3MoV-jaqgsg

PhcL9lo.png

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I enjoyed your Vanguard 2 video. I'll be curious to see more of your appendix carry/draw. For concealment and access I think it's great. For driving, sitting at my desk and shooting myself in the balls,.... I'm a tad apprehensive.

When I carry it's (always) kidney'ish around 4:30 - 5 o'clock, sits perfectly in a car/truck seat but isn't great (for me) for actual concealment while walking/standing,.... I feel like it's a neon sign.

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    Glad you finally came out of the closet. It sounds like you have much to contribute and I, for one, appreciate it. Welcome aboard from Annapolis.

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    I enjoyed your Vanguard 2 video. I'll be curious to see more of your appendix carry/draw. For concealment and access I think it's great. For driving, sitting at my desk and shooting myself in the balls,.... I'm a tad apprehensive.

When I carry it's (always) kidney'ish around 4:30 - 5 o'clock, sits perfectly in a car/truck seat but isn't great (for me) for actual concealment while walking/standing,.... I feel like it's a neon sign.

Thanks. I'll definitely be talking more about that. I switched to carrying primarily in the 12:00 to 2:30 region a while ago... can't remember exactly when, or why, tbh. My 1911 sits nice and flush at 3:30-4:00, but I just don't carry that very often these days. The wider Glocks, tho, look like a growth on me if I don't have decent cover garments. I am very sensitive to printing. I spot shooters all the time in public, and I vowed to not be that guy that is flagging all the time. I find low in the about the 2:00 spot is most comfortable. When seated, sometimes I'll push it a little to the 1:00 area to fit better in the crease of my leg. But it's def nice not sitting on a gun. :-) Depending on the gun, and the holster, I adjust as needed. There is an adage that says that you should always carry the gun in the exact same position all the time so that reflexively you can always get a proper grip. I agree to a point, but life requires me to be flexible. I practice in all positions (mostly dry fire thanks to the fact that Maryland ranges don't permit me to practice from my carry holsters), and feel pretty comfortable that I know where my gun is at all times - and what it takes to get to it. No different than knowing when you need to defeat your cover garment vs just going straight to the pistol. That's just my opinion.

As far as shooting myself, I train to not shoot anyone or anything I am not intending to shoot. Period. It doesn't give me the slightest bit of worry. I am very careful with administrative handling (re-holstering for example) and that's where I pay super close attention, but as far as drawing and shooting... it's never been close to being an issue for me.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Welcome! I’m also glad to see your screen name isn’t the same as your YouTube channel, as the word “blaster” is kinda trade-marked around here. But you’ll find that out in about 47 more posts... :innocent0 :D

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Troll alert, troll alert. Watch him. He just wants subscribers. BAN HIM NOW.......

J/K- Welcome aboard. Cool vids. :thumbsup:

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Troll alert, troll alert. Watch him. He just wants subscribers. BAN HIM NOW.......

busted! I got my two subs here, now I'm gone. hahah. only 901 more to go for my first thousand.

Seriously tho... it is weird starting over. My other main channels have 17K and 8K subs... last week on blasterKRAFT I was at... 0. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom