• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks, looks easier on the wallet as well. I went yesterday to shoot a SA-22. Just cant even get close to a cheek weld or seeing the sights with cans on. I had foam plugs under them. I pulled them off and quicker than a NY green light was accosted. :D

Same place, I wanted to move the bench 90' to set up bags for a rifle. Same deal :nono:

I can take my kids to TMG as well. I went when it first opened with my daughter who was 10. I just couldn't recall if they required ear muffs.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I wonder, if you are completely deaf (MD School for the Deaf) do they still make you wear any hearing protection? If so, what's the point?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I wonder, if you are completely deaf (MD School for the Deaf) do they still make you wear any hearing protection? If so, what's the point?

Yes. Some sort of ear protection is always required. There are various reasons for deafness but I would imagine there is concern that some sort of mechanical inner ear damage could still happen from repeated concussion....and probably insurance and other regulations do not make a distinction based on hearing impairment.

Edit: did a search and found this very interesting story from a deaf shooter.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...n/deaf-shooter-importance-hearing-protection/

Last edited:

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Yes. Some sort of ear protection is always required. There are various reasons for deafness but I would imagine there is concern that some sort of mechanical inner ear damage could still happen from repeated conclusion....and probably insurance and other regulations do not make a distinction based on hearing impairment.

Edit: did a search and found this very interesting story from a deaf shooter.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...n/deaf-shooter-importance-hearing-protection/

Good article. I wasn't even thinking of the inner ear fluids that are used for balance (vertigo).

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I have to give props yet again to the staff at TMGN. I was having issues with a 1911 feeding consistently. one of the staff took a few minutes to look it over with me, and made some suggestions on how i could fix it. that advice helped me save a couple of hundred dollars by not having to take it to a gunsmith for work. it now works flawlessly!!!

Thank you yet again!

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I have to give props yet again to the staff at TMGN. I was having issues with a 1911 feeding consistently. one of the staff took a few minutes to look it over with me, and made some suggestions on how i could fix it. that advice helped me save a couple of hundred dollars by not having to take it to a gunsmith for work. it now works flawlessly!!!

Thank you yet again!

That's awesome. I had a similar experience with a new Ruger revolver shooting and grouping left. They had two staff members that were super helpful.
    Good people up at MGN!!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    They're extremely helpful and personable. What I didn't care for was the brow-beating I took x2 for not purchasing an annual membership after my fourth visit. I haven't been back since. Telling them that I travel 40+ weeks per year for my job and that I wouldn't get my money's worth out of an annual membership didn't seem to do much good.

Been going to Heritage Training Center ever since and they couldn't care less if I'm a member or not.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Just saw a post on FB from TMGN about Veteran’s Day:

Present your Military ID and Enjoy An Hour of Range Time, Free of Charge!
    Already a TMGN Member? Present your Military ID and Enjoy a Free Semi-Auto Rental.*
    *Please note: Ammo is not included and must be purchased at TMGN.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Thank you yet again!

So what was the secret sauce to make it feed consistently now, since most usually require a good polished ramp and/or throat job in order to make that happen.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    So what was the secret sauce to make it feed consistently now, since most usually require a good polished ramp and/or throat job in order to make that happen.

It was an issue with the clearance between the barrel and bushing.

I had bought the parts from Remsport a few years ago, and both needed much more work than I thought. The barrel got a bit wider towards the muzzle, and the bushing was a bit more narrow towards the middle.

it was not so tight to keep it from moving when function checking, but tight enough to slow down going back in to battery when firing, and hanging up where the clearance was very tight.

swapping either one fixed the issue, and being too lazy to do much more work, I just swapped out both.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Went today with boy, 11. Reasonable price and fastest target carriers I've seen, lol. Forgot my Driver license, and a guy ran out to hand it to me.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I was there today and discussing how they are busier this season due to the NFL debacle. One of their employees told me as of the start of this season, NFL has been banned on their Tv's per the owners instruction. The employees agree with that decision. That makes me happy to shoot there.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    Came by for the first time last week, it was quite nice. Very empty during the week, also ended up buying a 43 there since I found out they are blue label. It is a very nice facility!

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Just saw this posted on TMGN's Facebook page.

"Are you looking for a NEW RANGE to join this year? Well, look no further!
    New Year = New Range Membership!

Purchase a TMGN Membership NOW through 1/3/18 & SAVE BIG on your yearly dues:
    Standard Single & Family Memberships save $100!!
    Active Duty Military/LEO Members save an additional $50 OFF your standard $100 savings!!"

https://www.facebook.com/TMGNMD

Note date, only runs a couple days.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I'm going later today with my son. We are going to do a 25 yard zero on a rifle. Anyone else going today?

I was thinking about going today and checking it out... wonder how busy they will be? I have to sight in a couple handguns and my IWLA range is closed till Jan 5th (and cold...lol).

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was thinking about going today and checking it out... wonder how busy they will be? I have to sight in a couple handguns and my IWLA range is closed till Jan 5th (and cold...lol).

I have a feeling its going to be busy with the holiday and cold weather, we'll see

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Anyone done the holster draw class? The discount may make me break down and get the annual membership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom