• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    9MM carbine is good for home defense. A 16 in barrel gives nearly 357 Magnum revolver velocity with a 124 gr load. Low recoil and a lot easier to shoot and hit with than a pistol.

Accuracy at 100 yards will vary a bit with the load and individual firearm. You just have to test.

Concerning other cartridges, you can probably build one that is accurate at 100 yards. Get a good barrel for starters.

Macon Armory builds good stuff.

kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    PCC, less convenient to carry, better practical accuracy, a bit more power, for close to across the yard ranges.

5.56 carbine, similar to carry. Heavier with the same number of rounds, more power. Not as handy for very close, but reaches out to medium ranges with good hitting power

You sure about that?

p.s. I'm talking apples to apples, AR15 vs AR9.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Only hits count...and a PCC is easier to kit with than a handgun for most people and most situations. Still...there's no silver bullet and no guarantee everything will work in your favor even if you do everything right. Pick the right tool for the job and practice, practice, practice! Stack the odds in your favor...fight dirty...use every advantage you can.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have my 9mm for urban combat and hostage rescue applications when I’m sure the Tangos aren’t wearing body armor. It’s just how I operate.
    Phhhhhht! Who shoots at the body? Go for the eyes man! Go for the eyes.....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have my 9mm for urban combat and hostage rescue applications when I’m sure the Tangos aren’t wearing body armor. It’s just how I operate.

You know, this reminds me that the creeping death of the indoor shopping mall is also going to put Mall Ninjas out of business. What will this highly trained guys DO for a living? I guess there’s Outlet Mall Ninja duty.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I like the 9mm PCCs. Fairly low cost to shoot, wide array of ammo and bullet weights. Plentiful mags. Subsonics can be relatively quiet. One reason I bought the Scorpion is my daughter hates the noise from the AR15. She just doesn't like the AR, so my goal was to find something she likes rather than convince her to like something. As long as she shoots, isn't afraid of guns, and is willing to defend hersef, I am happy.

I would like a .45 carbine for fun too.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like the 9mm PCCs. Fairly low cost to shoot, wide array of ammo and bullet weights. Plentiful mags. Subsonics can be relatively quiet. One reason I bought the Scorpion is my daughter hates the noise from the AR15. She just doesn't like the AR, so my goal was to find something she likes rather than convince her to like something. As long as she shoots, isn't afraid of guns, and is willing to defend hersef, I am happy.

I would like a .45 carbine for fun too.

I know you are probably steering clear of the AR platform, but the CMMG radial delayed blowback system with a suppressor is as it gets.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    Picking up my 9mm Banshee today. It only has a 5 inch barrel which doesn't thrill me. I would have preferred the 8 inch barrel for the velocity. I chose the 5 inch because I'll be adding a suppressor; 1. it will keep over all length shorter and 2. The shorter length will help keep velocity down to stay subsonic with the suppressor.

Sirex