• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm only familiar with high (.210") and low (.151") profile flat top dpms profile lr 308's. The one I have (Delton dt10 which I believe is now called the Echo 308, can't find mention of dt10 anywhere except a couple of videos on youtube) has a tang that measures .181".

It's definitely not armalite pattern as it has a rounded rear (nice) mating surface. I had to purchase another upper as the original that came from the factory was damaged (by me) in such a way that I wasn't comfortable using. Specifically a damn near drill through of the receiver extension due to a handguard screw with a wrecked tool hole.

What I purchased was a high profile aero upper as a replacement and as a result the bolt catch isn't doing its job. That was at a time when I thought that I would be OK using the high profile. Wrong. Gotta wait until Monday or whenever for a response.

Anyway, ignorance aside, how common is this? Is it just a proprietary thing? A wonky in between profile? I seek your wisdom.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    ar-10's are weird there is no specs so they are all proprietary. I believe you have DPMS pattern, Lr-308 and Armalite. I know Palmetto State does DPMS with the low tang and Aero does DPMS with the high Tang. I built a Palmetto years ago and had issues with the measurements on the tang. I ended up ordering a low tang and it worked. I believe I was getting .177 or something close I can't remember.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    I think your answer is in their description: "While other manufacturers of the AR10 carbine might share a stock of common components and methods that are considered industry standard, Del-Ton goes beyond this easy-to-reach threshold."

https://www.del-ton.com/ar10-308-rifles-s/216.htm

Building an AR308 is not nearly the tinkertoy experience of an AR15. The best way for a beginner to build a 308 AR is to stick with high profile DPMS.

ETA: sorry this doesn't really answer your question. Can you post a picture?

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    There were drawings of DPMS lowers floating around the internet back in the day. One by Illirian Engineering I know was accurate at least for the important things. You could compare your Delton lower to one of those.

If your DPMS upper doesn't work with the Delton lower, that just means you need to build a DPMS rifle next.

I think your answer is in their description: "While other manufacturers of the AR10 carbine might share a stock of common components and methods that are considered industry standard, Del-Ton goes beyond this easy-to-reach threshold."

https://www.del-ton.com/ar10-308-rifles-s/216.htm

Building an AR308 is not nearly the tinkertoy experience of an AR15. The best way for a beginner to build a 308 AR is to stick with high profile DPMS.

ETA: sorry this doesn't really answer your question. Can you post a picture?

: /. Missed that "fine print." I already knew going in about the different variances in design of "large frame" ar's, but at the same time did not expect absolute propriety for some its core components. Doesn't seem very consumer friendly given the propensity of people to accessorize anything ar.

All other things being equal, the upper looks like it's causing the bolt to ride too high for the catch to catch it (confirmed by using damaged upper receiver). It's cool though, I'm planning an 80% 308 lower in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom