• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Most people just pick what they want. Trying to help people make better choices just results in wasted time.

Actually, I’ve learned quite a lot from watching your bcg physical videos on you tube. I’ve started looking at several areas on bcgs that I never even paid attention to before.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Most people just pick what they want. Trying to help people make better choices just results in wasted time.

I would hope that folks who took your build class (like I did) wanted to learn new things and not just receive validation for their preexisting ideas.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

:D

I would hope that folks who took your build class (like I did) wanted to learn new things and not just receive validation for their preexisting ideas.

If they were anything like me, they just regretted purchases and spent more money.

I'll say this, one big takeaway from Chad's class was the ability to know what I was looking at. It is impossible for me be objective when I get new parts or look at a friends rifle (or mine for that matter). Immediately I start looking at staking, finish, feed ramps, materials used, etc and start running through a list of potential issues. It's an eye opening experience to say the least.

The other thing Chad does is allow you to get a rifle together and have some confidence in your build without every gauge that he has on his bench. Little things like how easily a pin should go in, how a magazine should release from a magwell, using a ball point pen to see if a round with catch on feed ramps. Obviously some things need gauges. But that can help you prioritize your gauge list depending on budget.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Are the surefire or LMT enhanced BCG's actually worth anything? Specifically if it was going to go into a 10.5 suppressed?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Wow, that was quick. The Spike's BCG is sitting in front of my apartment door waiting for me. PSA still hasn't shipped. Now it's just waiting on the barrel.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Are the surefire or LMT enhanced BCG's actually worth anything? Specifically if it was going to go into a 10.5 suppressed?

chad actually has a video where he gives 5 lmt carrier groups a physical.

You tube instructor chad and you'll find his channel

I've learned a ton about what to look at from watching his videos.

Thank you chad for post them !!!

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    chad actually has a video where he gives 5 lmt carrier groups a physical.

You tube instructor chad and you'll find his channel

I've learned a ton about what to look at from watching his videos.

Thank you chad for post them !!!

I saw that, it was KAC bcg and 1 lmt bolt. I'm wondering about the complete lmt E-BCG.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I have NEVER had any problems with any PSA BCG.

I probably have at least 4, maybe 5 in my various builds.

And their own polished/enhanced trigger is pretty nice to for a mil-spec.... (When it is in stock).

rhott25

Nov 17, 2018
    BCG

From what I have learned in my exploration of building my own rifles is as long as the BCG is Nickel Boron you can't lose and it is a complete bcg.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have NEVER had any problems with any PSA BCG.

I probably have at least 4, maybe 5 in my various builds.

And their own polished/enhanced trigger is pretty nice to for a mil-spec.... (When it is in stock).

I have had to send at least three of their "premium" BCGs back because they were out of spec...

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I have no problem finding Toolcraft BCG listed as in stock. Not for $70, and not phosphate (my preference). Nitride C158 ones aren't too hard to find for $100.
    https://www.righttobear.com/toolcraft-black-nitride-MPI-M16-158-p/tooauto-016-158.htm
    https://www.armorally.com/shop/toolcraft_5-56_nato_black_nitride_bolt_carrier_group/
    https://www.spicetac.com/toolcraft-phosphate-bcg-556/

I've had problem with numerous PSA AR parts. Still decent, but to some extent you're rolling the dice when you order parts from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom