• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Sorry I will get over my disdain for social media and do a proper intro shortly.

This is a smoking deal (normally a $400+ barrel). Advertised as heavy barrel. You would need to have a muzzle device pinned/welded on to bring it to 16"
    http://www.x-caliber.net/223-wylde-19-twist-145-fluted

FYI - I just had a Black Hole Weaponry 6.8 SPC2 barrel made. It was advertised as medium profile, but they laser engraved H-Bar on the barrel for me

I'm tempted myself, but 300BO is next on my build list.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

That is a good deal. 1/9 twist is the only possible downside. 55gr ammo you'd be fine.

18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    After looking around I think I’m gonna send the parts to Engage Armament and have them assemble the upper with one of their barrels. Thanks all for the tips and guidance.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Discussed many times on this forum!

It is either "stamped" with HBAR, or is advertised as HBAR or Heavy Barrel.
    I started one of those threads! :party29:

A bit outta yer price range, I know, but this is more like how she’s gotta look.
    https://criterionbarrels.com/products/ar-15/ar-15-HBAR-contour-barrel/
    I'm thinking this is my best option for a 5.56/.223 Wylde precision HBAR in 2019. Haven't found a ton of first hand reviews online for that particular one in 16", so I may be the guinea pig. Ordered a Vortex 6-24x50 scope and LaRue LT204 C.A.N. mount over the weekend, so it's prolly time...

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    I'm thinking this is my best option for a 5.56/.223 Wylde precision HBAR in 2019. Haven't found a ton of first hand reviews online for that particular one in 16", so I may be the guinea pig.
    Looks like a very nice barrel indeed. Are you going for chrome-lined or stainless? Matched headspaced BCM bolt (if direct from Criterion)?

Brownells has the longer barrels with matched bolt and you can get the prices down lower with coupons but alas they don't carry the 16" with the bolt option.

Looking forward to a range report. The break-in process on these higher-end barrels seems quite time consuming.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Are you going for chrome-lined or stainless? Matched headspaced BCM bolt (if direct from Criterion)?

Brownells has the longer barrels with matched bolt and you can get the prices down lower with coupons but alas they don't carry the 16" with the bolt option.

Looking forward to a range report. The break-in process on these higher-end barrels seems quite time consuming.
    16", chrome-lined, with matched/headspaced BCM bolt. After the SOTAR class and learning about headspacing bolts, I'll let Criterion deal with it. They charge the same for a new bolt that BCM does. I already have a BCM FDE BCG for this build, and I'll just put that bolt into the spare parts case.

Optics Planet and Brownells list some barrels, but it sounds like either long lead times, wrong selection or some other issue when I looked at ordering.

I emailed Criterion last night to see what they have in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom