• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yeppers ...

The comma placement in 2A is very important. Everything before the second comma is preamble to the statement of rights.

Read these three statements... the outcome is the same from the perspective of the declarative statement of rights.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Kittens being cute and fluffy, and only capable of reducing pests of the size of rodents, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Politicians being lying sacks of excrement, with full intention to corrupt any system that they can, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The original draft that sits in the Library of Congress has a single comma, as I noted on the prior thread that Woodstock started. I'll gladly pop $23 for his personal copy of Halbrook's reference, so that the yellow bird has some educational reading material to enjoy during his next vacation from MDS. :deal:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    no my friend. the pot stirred is only here. i am trying to understand.

InC05lT.gif

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

Just check any US census since 1790. They were broken down by militia district and each district carried a Captain's name. He was the "go to" private citizen in the district. There were approximately 100 adult males in each district. In other words, about company size. Early maps show that each district had a designated assembly area. As the country expanded in the 19th century the militia districts appeared in the census with numbers like MD1035. In some states those districts still exist.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    What does it mean to you, Larry?

given my experience, there are folks from the city, no mater what race, who have limited cognitive ability, lack of responsibility and or the concept a handgun is a just a "thing" laying around.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    given my experience, there are folks from the city, no mater what race, who have limited cognitive ability, lack of responsibility and or the concept a handgun is a just a "thing" laying around.

So, bring racist is what the 2A means to you?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Kittens being cute and fluffy, and only capable of reducing pests of the size of rodents, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"...of the size of rodents" is pretty vague. Capybaras are rodents, and they are HUGE!

Do you think the Founding Fathers were familiar with capybaras, or just beavers?

Frankly, I don't think a kitten could take on either one.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

I'm not a racist, BUT. . .

Your just saying that city folk should not have the same rights as the rest of us? Because they are just too stupid to know better?

Rights are rights for a reason, and are not conditional.
    Maybe we should have a SSQL(Search and Seizure qualification license) considering Baltimore's current state?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom