• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Awww, c'mon, you guys need to stop derailing the thread, now a relevant question:

Say you just bought a good condition '97 Camry off Craigslist, do you get it inspected, or is it morally acceptable to go with historic tags?

And what if the money you saved on inspection, could go to rescuing pit bulls, which you use the car for?

And if you didn't show up to testify in Annapolis on gun bill day because you were driving a rescued pit bull to his new home as a no-knock SWAT team mascot, are you still worthy of eating bacon?

Do you believe aliens like bacon?

Discuss!

Get the 97 camry turd historic tags, make sure the clearcoats coming off and its missing half the hub caps as well. dont forget to get some new bumper stickers to cover up the “Obama 2008” and “Obama 2012” stickers that have been baking on there for a few years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Awww, c'mon, you guys need to stop derailing the thread, now a relevant question:

Say you just bought a good condition '97 Camry off Craigslist, do you get it inspected, or is it morally acceptable to go with historic tags?

And what if the money you saved on inspection, could go to rescuing pit bulls, which you use the car for?

And if you didn't show up to testify in Annapolis on gun bill day because you were driving a rescued pit bull to his new home as a no-knock SWAT team mascot, are you still worthy of eating bacon?

Do you believe aliens like bacon?

Discuss!

EXACTLY! GOOD condition is indicative of the overall appearance, but whats under the hood and throughout the chassis is something that should be checked out by a professional. if you elect to just go the "historic tags" you put yourself and others on the road in jeopardy.

i, as a rescuer of abuse dogs, if you use the money to rescue a pit bull you will certainly want to have the dogs history and the knowledge of the breeds predisposition of temperament. you wouldn't want to subject a visiting friends 3 year old to a pit bull that has an unknown history and no knowledge of the breeds disposition. well, that would be the responsible thing to do, yes? matter-of-fact, when you are considered for rescue adoption, you have to undergo a mandatory background check, and the living conditions are mandated to be inspected for the appropriate rescue animal.

now, if on the way to the GUN BILL day, that car breaks down on I-97, with the pit in the back seat, or wherever, the dog, you have no knowledge of history, is exposed to a very high energy environment [traffic] when it is accustomed to being chained in a very small back yard, in the city, a chain that weighs lots, always hungry and dehydrated, always on the ALERT. never confronted with the traffic on 97 at rush hour.

you pull over and start the diagnosis of the problem. hood up, trunk open, traffic whizzing by. you search an area that may house tools, near the newly adopted pit and like an alien, it attacks your face and eats most of it off like a slab of tender bacon.

which brings to the question, is saving a few bucks worth your face or life? :smoke:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    EXACTLY! GOOD condition is indicative of the overall appearance, but whats under the hood and throughout the chassis is something that should be checked out by a professional. if you elect to just go the "historic tags" you put yourself and others on the road in jeopardy.

i, as a rescuer of abuse dogs, if you use the money to rescue a pit bull you will certainly want to have the dogs history and the knowledge of the breeds predisposition of temperament. you wouldn't want to subject a visiting friends 3 year old to a pit bull that has an unknown history and no knowledge of the breeds disposition. well, that would be the responsible thing to do, yes? matter-of-fact, when you are considered for rescue adoption, you have to undergo a mandatory background check, and the living conditions are mandated to be inspected for the appropriate rescue animal.

now, if on the way to the GUN BILL day, that car breaks down on I-97, with the pit in the back seat, or wherever, the dog, you have no knowledge of history, is exposed to a very high energy environment [traffic] when it is accustomed to being chained in a very small back yard, in the city, a chain that weighs lots, always hungry and dehydrated, always on the ALERT. never confronted with the traffic on 97 at rush hour.

you pull over and start the diagnosis of the problem. hood up, trunk open, traffic whizzing by. you search an area that may house tools, near the newly adopted pit and like an alien, it attacks your face and eats most of it off like a slab of tender bacon.

which brings to the question, is saving a few bucks worth your face or life? :smoke:

Lolololololol

This thread keeps giving

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    you have to undergo a mandatory background check, and the living conditions are mandated to be inspected for the appropriate rescue animal.

What ? NICS check for a dog? I just adopted a rescue, i am sure my name wasn't run through any data base.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Get the 97 camry turd historic tags, make sure the clearcoats coming off and its missing half the hub caps as well. dont forget to get some new bumper stickers to cover up the “Obama 2008” and “Obama 2012” stickers that have been baking on there for a few years now

I thought we got rid of all the Obama stickers with the cash-for-clunkers giveaway.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    you have to undergo a mandatory background check, and the living conditions are mandated to be inspected for the appropriate rescue animal.

What ? NICS check for a dog? I just adopted a rescue, i am sure my name wasn't run through any data base.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

i went through the nicodemus rd rescue, Humane Society. maybe their requirements are more restrictive? serves the animal well.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Looking at the timing of some of these posts makes me wonder whether someone's medication schedule is off a little bit

you wish! it's the time i have to enjoy ticking people off cuz i am trying to get people to think and motivate. i don't watch tv and i don't play video games, i just work and enjoy myself here. NOT locked down >> :smoke:

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I thought we got rid of all the Obama stickers with the cash-for-clunkers giveaway.

can’t kill a classic that easily, the stickers may fade, but the obama 08 and 12 stickers will never be forgotten. i’m surprised the MD State Insp doesn’t include mandatory Obama stickers on the Prius and Camry, maybe one day they will as tribute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I kinda get the OPs point about free speech and manditory school attendance. Lets start firearms training as an essential part of public education. Run it K-12. Imagine all high school grads being comfortable and familiar with guns. It would be awesome! Liberals would $hit their pants! You'd see all our gun rights restored in just a few short years.

Start with toy guns in elementary school. BB guns in middle and 22 on up in high school. Maybe even special seminars in artillery!

Rob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

yep.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    This thread caused me to have a case of “uncommon” deja vu and I was remind of this similiar debacle.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=160904&highlight=Underwood

do tell.

he was one of the members who started to form my opinions of the MSI organization and its vetting process.

and the dude with the painted fingernails and spikes in his face and ears, who says he is one of the original founders. he doesn't represent me, he said a few things at a meeting that put me off. and while i should never judge a book by its cover [i didn't] it was the content between the pages that i didn't align myself with.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    do tell.

he was one of the members who started to form my opinions of the MSI organization and its vetting process.

Since you're back, please reconcile these two claims in shit-stirring posts recently.
    1) government officials know nothing about firearms or their laws
    2) government officials should create and mandate training for firearms

Explain how a training mandate isn't an infringement on the 2a. Be sure to include reasons why it doesn't disproportionately negatively effect people that are poor, uneducated, with inflexible schedules, and/or that lack access to reliable transportation. Please include which crimes you think training will stop, and what bad things a person with a firearm can do that aren't currently covered by criminal/civil law. For giggles, give examples of other enumerated inalienable rights that are contingent on first obtaining training in that right.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    answers in the text:

Since you're back, please reconcile these two claims in shit-stirring posts recently.
    1) government officials know nothing about firearms or their laws:sadly, i have to report, based on my interaction with said appointed officials, they do not. I have had the opportunity to work with officials who either defend or prosecute, but basically haven't the first clue as to what a single action vs a double action gun is, nor do they understand current ammunition mandates regarding personal protection for either the Armed Citizen or LEO.

2) government officials should create and mandate training for firearms? NO!!! i repeat NO!!! this is up to the shooting community, it is up to us! Unfortunately the NRA is the only nationally recognized "training" organization that trains both civilian and LEO's. as well, there are various shooting clubs and organizations that provide training and is certifiable and since the NRA training is NATIONALLY CERTIFIED, this should serve as a recognition from our state legislators.

Explain how a training mandate isn't an infringement on the 2a. it isBe sure to include reasons why it doesn't disproportionately negatively effect people that are poor, uneducated, with inflexible schedules, and/or that lack access to reliable transportation. you didn't see my testimony in appapolis in 2013?Please include which crimes you think training will stop, ZERO, but accidents are another consideration, and what bad things a person with a firearm can do that aren't currently covered by criminal/civil law. suicideFor giggles, give examples of other enumerated inalienable rights that are contingent on first obtaining training in that right.
    1st amendment, we have mandatory training in public school. we learn to read and write, thats the mandatory training. :smoke:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom