Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM #61
Shazam's Avatar
Shazam Shazam is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 458
Images: 6
Shazam Shazam is online now
Member
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 458
Images: 6
What is the difference in practice between a modification request and appealing restrictions. I'm expecting a permit with business restrictions to arrive any time now.
Shazam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:17 PM #62
Stoveman's Avatar
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 6,666
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
Stoveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 6,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
What is the difference in practice between a modification request and appealing restrictions. I'm expecting a permit with business restrictions to arrive any time now.

In your case that would be an appeal since it is a new permit. If you get your permit and then a year down the road something changes you would send a letter, a passport photo and a check for $10 asking for a restriction modification.
__________________
_______________
Proud CCW Cultist
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 10:55 PM #63
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Anyone know what the interview is like or what sort of questions they ask? Just curious
Hakuna Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 11:05 PM #64
HRDWRK's Avatar
HRDWRK HRDWRK is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 39°43′19.92216″ N
Posts: 852
HRDWRK HRDWRK is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
HRDWRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 39°43′19.92216″ N
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
Anyone know what the interview is like or what sort of questions they ask? Just curious
Check in the Maryland 2a section for allot of the info you seek!
__________________
“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”

“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
Gen. James Mattis

2018 will you Fight or Flight for MD?
HRDWRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 06:52 AM #65
doublins's Avatar
doublins doublins is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: AA County
Posts: 58
doublins doublins is online now
Junior Member
doublins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: AA County
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockxRob View Post
Are you going to appeal it for an unrestricted? Is there a window for which you can appeal?
1) The window has long passed for that
2) As worded, it's essentially unrestricted, as I cannot carry while at work anyway.
doublins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:13 AM #66
GlockxRob GlockxRob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 42
GlockxRob GlockxRob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
1) The window has long passed for that
2) As worded, it's essentially unrestricted, as I cannot carry while at work anyway.
gotcha. I am expecting an "off duty" restriction on my permit. but I will appeal/request a modification when/if I get signed off to carry on post. which might be sooner than later.
GlockxRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:24 AM #67
Schipperke's Avatar
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Capt. Snarky
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Монтгомери
Posts: 10,389
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Capt. Snarky
Schipperke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Монтгомери
Posts: 10,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
Anyone know what the interview is like or what sort of questions they ask? Just curious

Regardless everything one reads about "cash" and a permit, I sure was pressed out of the box about cash deposits. If your G&S is a business, find a way to fudge that one. I was actually blessed days before the interview receiving $2600 cash in a Wendy's parking lot I could cop to. The lady became very curious, and I explained, "We invoice and are customer friendly accommodating our clients choice of payment." "You better believe a guy that owes that much offers to meet at Wendy's a couple miles away, I'll be there."
Schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 03:39 PM #68
Trepang's Avatar
Trepang Trepang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Calvert County, MD
Posts: 316
Trepang Trepang is offline
Member
Trepang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Calvert County, MD
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundlessdyad View Post
Unrestricted or off duty restriction?
I don't know - I'll ask.
__________________

STSCM(SS) (ret)
Two types of Ships: Submarines & Targets
Trepang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM #69
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
New Hampshire check cleared today and application was mailed Feb 16th
No update on VA
No update on MD
Hakuna Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:41 AM #70
CMOS's Avatar
CMOS CMOS is offline
One ragged donut hole
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MoCo
Posts: 468
CMOS CMOS is offline
One ragged donut hole
CMOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MoCo
Posts: 468
Was just about to reply into this thread...

My NH check cleared earlier this week, having been mailed around Feb. 7.
I'm guessing they held all the applications while the constitutional carry bill was passed. Presumably, we should get the new 5yr permits (instead of the previous 4yr).

Am about ready to apply for MD, but finding the 16 hours to be in class is a serious problem in the near term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
New Hampshire check cleared today and application was mailed Feb 16th
No update on VA
No update on MD
CMOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 10:13 PM #71
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOS View Post
Was just about to reply into this thread...

My NH check cleared earlier this week, having been mailed around Feb. 7.
I'm guessing they held all the applications while the constitutional carry bill was passed. Presumably, we should get the new 5yr permits (instead of the previous 4yr).

Am about ready to apply for MD, but finding the 16 hours to be in class is a serious problem in the near term.
I was exempted from the 16hr training course, but if I hadn't been finding 16hrs to take a class would have been a serious issue for myself as well.
Hakuna Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:04 PM #72
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,484
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,484
The interview is however the interviewing Trooper wants it tp be.
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:21 AM #73
Schipperke's Avatar
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Capt. Snarky
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Монтгомери
Posts: 10,389
Schipperke Schipperke is offline
Capt. Snarky
Schipperke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Монтгомери
Posts: 10,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
Anyone know what the interview is like or what sort of questions they ask? Just curious
Still no review? Back when I applied, myself and others were getting appointments scheduled by investigators about two weeks after the application dropped. My interview was less than a month after application. They also contacted all my references same day, amazing they were able to make contact with them in all.. (no phone tag). Each person I used called me that day, none were notified by me that I used them. One friend would not talk to the investigator before calling me to make sure it was a legitimate investigation. This is the worst part of the application, imposing on others to vouch for you. It is ridiculous as well. Who is going to list someone adverse to their own approval? So after the prompt interview and contacting my friends, it was still 101 days from application until permit mailed.
Schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:50 AM #74
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,484
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,484
Back in the 365 era, I asked my references beforehand.

My concerns since so many of my potential witnesses were retired LE, that they either travel a lot, or had health problems, I was concerned about them being reachable on short notice for an open ended time frame.
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2017, 09:00 PM #75
Magnumst's Avatar
Magnumst Magnumst is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 608
Magnumst Magnumst is offline
Member
Magnumst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
Still no review? Back when I applied, myself and others were getting appointments scheduled by investigators about two weeks after the application dropped. My interview was less than a month after application. They also contacted all my references same day, amazing they were able to make contact with them in all.. (no phone tag). Each person I used called me that day, none were notified by me that I used them. One friend would not talk to the investigator before calling me to make sure it was a legitimate investigation. This is the worst part of the application, imposing on others to vouch for you. It is ridiculous as well. Who is going to list someone adverse to their own approval? So after the prompt interview and contacting my friends, it was still 101 days from application until permit mailed.
You would be surprised. While attending one of the HPRB meetings I spoke to an applicant who had a hearing and he told me that one of his references told MSP that the applicant was a recovering drug addiction( cocain). Which the applicant admitted to me but not to MSP. He admitted to me he still smoked weed and was going to use the the fact that MD would soon make it legal and that it should not prohibit him from getting his permit. Result= HPRB upheld MSP's decision.
Magnumst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 03:38 PM #76
AliasNeo07's Avatar
AliasNeo07 AliasNeo07 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AACo
Posts: 4,316
Send a message via AIM to AliasNeo07
AliasNeo07 AliasNeo07 is offline
Senior Member
AliasNeo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AACo
Posts: 4,316
Send a message via AIM to AliasNeo07
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOS View Post
Am about ready to apply for MD, but finding the 16 hours to be in class is a serious problem in the near term.
Of course it is. It is designed to be a problem. Anyone who believes the 16-hour "class" was put there for safety is kidding themselves. It's so that people like you won't have time to get permits and they have less people carrying guns in Maryland.
__________________
MSI, NRA
AliasNeo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 04:59 PM #77
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Hakuna Matata Hakuna Matata is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
Still no review? Back when I applied, myself and others were getting appointments scheduled by investigators about two weeks after the application dropped. My interview was less than a month after application. They also contacted all my references same day, amazing they were able to make contact with them in all.. (no phone tag). Each person I used called me that day, none were notified by me that I used them. One friend would not talk to the investigator before calling me to make sure it was a legitimate investigation. This is the worst part of the application, imposing on others to vouch for you. It is ridiculous as well. Who is going to list someone adverse to their own approval? So after the prompt interview and contacting my friends, it was still 101 days from application until permit mailed.
Nope, haven't heard from anyone at the MDSP at all

But I do have some good news

Pulled my NH permit out of the mailbox a few minutes ago! Envelope was post marked Mar 16 and the application was mailed Feb 16th, oh and the permit expires in 2022. Free States are AWESOME!!!

No Update VA
No Update MD
Hakuna Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:15 PM #78
GTOGUNNER's Avatar
GTOGUNNER GTOGUNNER is offline
IANAL
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carroll Hold my Beer County!
Posts: 2,416
GTOGUNNER GTOGUNNER is offline
IANAL
GTOGUNNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carroll Hold my Beer County!
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumst View Post
You would be surprised. While attending one of the HPRB meetings I spoke to an applicant who had a hearing and he told me that one of his references told MSP that the applicant was a recovering drug addiction( cocain). Which the applicant admitted to me but not to MSP. He admitted to me he still smoked weed and was going to use the the fact that MD would soon make it legal and that it should not prohibit him from getting his permit. Result= HPRB upheld MSP's decision.
Heck, that makes it illegal for him to buy or receive a firearm. No gun for you!
__________________
"Congratulations Americans, your capital is not a constitution-free zone." Alan Gura 7-26-2014

“All I can tell you is, Mr. Beretta said ‘There always seems to be a problem with Maryland'. ”

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) You need a gun!!
SAF
MSP QHIC
NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instuctor, Life Member
RSO
GTOGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 01:18 AM #79
THier's Avatar
THier THier is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hampstead, for now.
Posts: 2,266
THier THier is online now
Senior Member
THier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hampstead, for now.
Posts: 2,266
Now the New Hampshire app says you MUST include a copy of home states permit, how did you non wear and carry folks handle this?
My MD permit is being expedited, but don't have it yet. Would like to get the NH non resident for PA as they don't honor UT anymore.

Thanks,
Tom
__________________
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

People laugh at me because I am different,, I laugh 'cause they are all the same.

Life time NRA member
THier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:34 AM #80
HRDWRK's Avatar
HRDWRK HRDWRK is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 39°43′19.92216″ N
Posts: 852
HRDWRK HRDWRK is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
HRDWRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 39°43′19.92216″ N
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by THier View Post
Now the New Hampshire app says you MUST include a copy of home states permit, how did you non wear and carry folks handle this?
My MD permit is being expedited, but don't have it yet. Would like to get the NH non resident for PA as they don't honor UT anymore.

Thanks,
Tom
You can go to the Closest PA county Sheriff's office and apply, with a MD permit they will issue you a PA permit.
In person.
No need for a NH permit.

__________________
“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”

“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
Gen. James Mattis

2018 will you Fight or Flight for MD?
HRDWRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
PitStop, Rab1515
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2016, Maryland Shooters, LLC