• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OK... Might have to revisit the CMMG delayed blowback option then. Do those typically need smithing as well or are they gtg out of the box?

Looking for this to be a pistol with brace and bbl <10". I own no suppressors at present, but my intent is to have something that can accommodate one and alternatively shoot supersonic 115gr also. Is this realistic, again without a lot of tuning?

Guess bolt hold open is not realistic, shame about that but certainly good to know, thanks Chad!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

The CMMG seems to be just fine out of the box. I have limited personal experience, and readings on the interwebz.

Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    Check out the Endo-mag from Meanarms. It is a great product that converts a standard AR15 Pmag Gen 2 or Gen 3 into a 9mm. Will work with a basic AR15 lower and you dont need a special mag block. I was very impressed with mine. I think they run around 30 bucks and they are sold to be MD compliant.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

url

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Check out the Endo-mag from Meanarms. It is a great product that converts a standard AR15 Pmag Gen 2 or Gen 3 into a 9mm. Will work with a basic AR15 lower and you dont need a special mag block. I was very impressed with mine. I think they run around 30 bucks and they are sold to be MD compliant.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

url
    This... seems like a lot of fun to try actually. Don't think I'd bet my life on that mag, but for plinking why not.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I have 2. My first is a Colt pattern lower (DDLES, now QC-10). Has a CMMG bolt, TROS 5” 3-lug barrel - not an option today, I know - AR-10 Tubbs spring, Q9 heavy buffer. SSA-E trigger. Clandestine did his reliability package on it. Never have a problem unless it gets very dirty, then a squirt of oil fixes it.

I have a CMMG Guard bolt/barrel. It is one of those proprietary systems, but it’s CMMG. 8” barrel. It is attached to a Glock 80% lower as a pistol.

Let me tell you why I like the CMMG Guard better. It takes a standard buffer. Standard buffer spring. There is significantly less weight of the gun. Significantly less felt recoil. Significantly less crud in the chamber when shooting because of the delayed blowback. It’s a better system. Period. Been 100% reliable. CMMG is a big company. I don’t think there is a big risk there

What 80% lower are you using? I've read that not all are compatible.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    What 80% lower are you using? I've read that not all are compatible.

I think they are in stock at glock store. But you can buy stripped lowers, along with completed rifles, pistols, lowers and uppers. Anyway I just wonder if anyone here has tried one.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You had him at "fondle it".
    It's 2018. There is no rules.
    Hahaha. I look forward to clandestine’s opinion. I am his student. He is the master.
    So wait. Chad actually moved to be closer to you?
    Is that wrong? If loving Chad is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.
    Make sure you take a big bottle of Miltec synthetic lube with you. He will be very happy with such a awesome gift.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think they are in stock at glock store. But you can buy stripped lowers, along with completed rifles, pistols, lowers and uppers. Anyway I just wonder if anyone here has tried one.

Tried one? Did you see the link I posted?

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    If you're willing to add 1.5" to the barrel length, a genuine Colt 9mm 10.5" upper can be purchased here (though out of stock for the moment): https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-10-5-inch-9mm-SMG-Upper-Receiver-Assembly-p/le6991ck.htm

If you want to convert an existing lower you can use one of these.
    KAK magawell insert: https://www.kakindustry.com/review/product/list/id/524/category/130/

In my experience, the KAK mag well, Colt 9mm upper, Kaw Valley 8 oz long buffer, and Metalform mags worked well, however I'm a test sample of one.

mike j

Feb 14, 2018
    Annapolis MD
    I used spikes receivers and Kvp barrel bolt and buffer along with their heavy spring. The only problem I had at first was the lrbho. I asked about that on another thread and outrider gave me a solution on the buffer and it has performed flawlessly ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom