• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I had that question posed to me by my wife. It was after the FL HS mass murder. I stood dazed for a second. Then I came around to my answer. "Because I can. It's my right. That rifle will never do anything to anyone. Unless they are needing it done to them." She was taken back by my sharpness. But, I felt I was being attacked from inside my walls. Her concern was merely how our children look at my firearms and how they see them portrayed in media. I felt like I was defusing a bomb.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    I had that question posed to me by my wife. It was after the FL HS mass murder. I stood dazed for a second. Then I came around to my answer. "Because I can. It's my right. That rifle will never do anything to anyone. Unless they are needing it done to them." She was taken back by my sharpness. But, I felt I was being attacked from inside my walls. Her concern was merely how our children look at my firearms and how they see them portrayed in media. I felt like I was defusing a bomb.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Why does anyone need a car that can do double or even triple the speed limit? Why does anyone need an airplane when it's cheaper to fly commercial? Why does anyone need a super-duper smart phone when they are simply going to use it only for phone calls?

It's because our freedoms give us the right to fulfill our wants and desires not because of some socially approved or governmentally approved need. As long as we can afford it and use it responsibly it's our right to exercise.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Because it is called “Freedom of Choice”! I CHOOSE to own one! Carried one in the 70’s so it’s also sentimental. Remember all the “panic” buying just prior to Maryland implementing their stricter gun laws? How many of those were impulse purchases? How many of those were “needed”?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The very best answer to this I have ever seen is:

"Why did Rosa Parks 'need' to sit at the front of the bus?"

Rights don't require justifications.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The very best answer to this I have ever seen is: