• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    At least at BPD HQ, there are strip clubs across the street. A friend told me.

While not across the street, there are a couple in DC not too far away on K St.

Well, that's what I heard anyway...:innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't you mean Archibalds and Camelot's ? If they're still around, Good Guys was way out , just past the old Sears & Roebuck .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gone but not forgotten

IMG_20131007_101939-1.jpg

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    You do not need to go in person. Mailing the form and a check works...

I was told by MPDC to mail the form to the Registration Section along with a check for 13 Bucks, made out to the DC Treasurer.

Yep. I didn't want to believe it, since it's almost too good to be true. Well, except for the stupidity of having to register each firearm that I might carry through DC.

You guys are right. I called this morning to confirm and was told to mail the form and a check, no need to go there in person. Thanks for the good information! :party29:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The only inconvenience to most is the short duration of the permit and the exorbitant cost to get one.

It basically only requires one trip down to 300 Indiana Ave to get it.

May 8, 2018
    Remember Carrying on the Metro is a NoNo, take a cab or Uber.

I did it this way: take the MD Class and ask for the DC law add on.. it was 50 or 100$ more and got both training done.

I am not the smartest in the Room but I did stay at Holiday in Express Last Night

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You also need to take the 50 round DC range test. MD only requires 25 rounds. DC used to accept it but changed their minds.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Remember Carrying on the Metro is a NoNo, take a cab or Uber.

I did it this way: take the MD Class and ask for the DC law add on.. it was 50 or 100$ more and got both training done.

I am not the smartest in the Room but I did stay at Holiday in Express Last Night

where did you do the training? i've already done the MD course.. hoping to "tack on" the DC one in addition. my MD trainer doesn't offer the DC portion.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    where did you do the training? i've already done the MD course.. hoping to "tack on" the DC one in addition. my MD trainer doesn't offer the DC portion.

George Lyon helped me get my DC when it was hard to get it.. He is a DC resident, certified DC instructor, a defendant in Heller case, and lawyer.

https://www.arsenalattorneys.com/en/firearms-lawyers/gun-attorneys

PS ... I did NOT need to bring in my 2nd firearm I registered to carry. (Different caliber) call ahead 1st to make sure.

Did you know if you register a 9mm and an officer finds 40 cal in your vehicle, you can be arrested? As of last summer, you could only have in possession the same caliber that you have registered. Hence why I have 2.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Heller III struck down the requirement to bring your firearm to MPDC HQ for registration.

DC changed their law on ammo possession.

You may possess any ammo as long as you have a registered firearm of any caliber.

IANAL

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Heller III struck down the requirement to bring your firearm to MPDC HQ for registration.

DC changed their law on ammo possession.

You may possess any ammo as long as you have a registered firearm of any caliber.

IANAL

Do they still have a 20 round limit, though?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Do they still have a 20 round limit, though?

When I came through the class, it would be capped at 2 full mags and 1 in chamber with a 20 round max.HOWEVER It was if you had 7 round mags, the max would be 15 rounds. (7+7+1) You would not be allowed to carry a 3rd mag to make up the balance of rounds. (Unless they changed it since this summer)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep the regs say enough ammo to fully load the pistol TWICE.

The 20 round limit doesn’t apply if your pistol holds less than 10 rounds

I think with 7 round mags you could be legal with 7+ 1 and another 7+ 1 for a total of 16 rounds since you would be fully loading the pistol TWICE

But IANAL

Good catch though

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Also my understanding was 20 was max. Could not be 21. (10+10+1 would be a no no) would have to be 9+1+10 = 20 max

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom