• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    And if they wanted to add someone to the list retroactively, they could do that as well. Hard to tell where the threshold would be though. Since it's all done in secret.

Remember what he said during his last address. He will leave everything on the field. Meaning: He is going all out in the next year.

Never in my life have I heard a president talk like that to the American public. Came across as ominous.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    And if they wanted to add someone to the list retroactively, they could do that as well. Hard to tell where the threshold would be though. Since it's all done in secret.

Remember what he said during his last address. He will leave everything on the field. Meaning: He is going all out in the next year.

Never in my life have I heard a president talk like that to the American public. Came across as ominous.

Maybe not Americans but Germans from the 30's might recognize the divisive rhetoric :innocent0

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Maybe not Americans but Germans from the 30's might recognize the divisive rhetoric :innocent0

Entirely too much of that from both parties at the moment.

This will be the ugliest and bloodiest presidential battle in the history of the USA.

We are eat other's throats and the election is still light years away.

Next October will be an interesting month.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Everybody is pondering what they could be cooking up. A few are likely obvious, some are not.

The obvious one will be adding the "no-fly" list to NICS denials. This is worrisome not only because of the effect on gun rights, but the effect on free speech rights. Pro Second Amendment and other conservative advocates will be less inclined to publicly criticize the government for fear of being added to this arbitrary "list" and losing their gun rights. And perhaps they'd be worried with good reason. After all we're talking about the administration that wasn't afraid to use the IRS as a club against political critics, why would the no-fly list be any different.

Another likely one is quantifying the number of guns a person can sell in a year without an FFL. This could drastically affect collectors who buy and sell amongst themselves frequently. Those old enough can remember the days before FOPA when the limit was four per year (regardless of how many one acquired) and ATF set up stings to make felons out of collectors who sold five.

Additional and far-reaching bans on imports. This is big. He could drive prices through the roof and hurt production by massive bans on many gun and ammo related imports as non sporting. Wouldn't slow down gun possession any, but it would make a day at the range a whole new kind of expensive. Which kind of goes along with the communist, err I mean Democratic Party, idea of patiently whittling away at gun rights over decades.

Adding MSR's and hi-cap mags to the NFA list. Doubtful, as the NFA language is pretty clear on what defines a DD, AOW, etc. He could try to end-around the law by declaring some MSR's as "easily convertible" to machine guns but it is doubtful it would stand up for long in court.

Here's a good analysis by National Review which also draws upon the history of extreme presidential executive orders in the past. It's a little scary what they think he might be able to get away with.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/337789/gun-control-executive-order-scott-coffina

Great introspective and analysis.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    So they reversed the deal they got through about the CMP 1911's being sold?

WOW, these people are evil.

I get the impression they are still going to sell them but there are some record keeping additions being required of CMP.

Who knows what they will do, I mean we all know thousand dollar plus collectible 1911's are the scourge of inner city violence. :rolleyes:

In any case, hang on for the ride fellas, 2016 is going to be one hell of a year for attacks on gun rights.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Import bans are a given.

No fly will backfire... Its mostly the left that's on the watch list. They post stupid shit online..

FFL will backfire.. We will all start getting ffls so we can buy direct..

With only one year left.. He's actually our only home of electing Republicans..

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I don't understand how the no fly thing could possibly hold up in court. SCOTUS has said 2a ia an individual right - how can that be suspended based on an accusation without even a hint of due process?

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    I don't understand how the no fly thing could possibly hold up in court. SCOTUS has said 2a ia an individual right - how can that be suspended based on an accusation without even a hint of due process?

It could get passed as an EO and last until Hillary gets in office or so they think.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    Dec 16, 2015
    Press Release

(Washington, D.C.) – Congressman C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger today announced his support of legislation banning the sale, transfer, production and importation of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. The Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 was introduced today following horrific mass shootings and terrorist attacks in San Bernardino, Colorado Springs, Sandy Hook, Newtown, Aurora and elsewhere across the country, all of which involved military-style firearms.

When assault weapons or high-capacity magazines have been used in a shooting, the number of casualties has increased 63 percent.

“I strongly believe in the Second Amendment, but we also have a Constitutional responsibility to protect American citizens from harm,” Congressman Ruppersberger said. “Assault weapons and high-capacity magazines are the weapon of choice for mass shooters because their sole purpose is to inflict as much damage as possible as quickly as possible. A ban may not stop these attacks, but it will help drastically reduce the bloodshed. This will be even more important as we continue to fight domestic terrorism and radicalization such as the ISIS-related attack we saw in San Bernardino.”

Specifically, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 will prohibit the sale, transfer, production, and importation of:

• Semi-automatic rifles and handguns with a military-style feature that can accept a detachable magazine;
    • Semi-automatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds;
    • Semi-automatic shotguns with a military-style feature;
    • Any ammunition feeding device that can hold more than 10 rounds;
    • And 157 specifically-named and listed firearms.

The bill also sets new standards to prevent “default proceeds” – the standard that allows firearms dealers to complete a sale if a buyer’s background check is not completed within three days.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    WELP!

There goes the Marlin Model 60.

The .22 LR is clearly more dangerous than fixed magazine Russian rifles.

Maybe that rifle is one of the 157 specifically-named and listed firearms. Regardless of features.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    "military-style"....

Define "style". Will it be something like the easily understood, widely used legal terms at the Maryland Statehouse known as "reasonable" or "good and substantial".

All rise, the Honorable Judge Kardashian has arrived and Style Court is now in session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom