• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Not a dupe exactly. People were reporting being told this by Walmart employees and were met with skepticism.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I could kinda understand them doing this. I am sure that they place very large orders and don't want to get stuck with ammo that may not sell.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    I was told the other day by a manager that they were not reordering ammo until further notice. Straight from his mouth, not second hand.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Just told today by Walmart manager same thing. I thought there was a list of certain ones they were not orderin. iirc it was no handgun ammo, .22, .223, 7.62, and I think a couple others. Unreal

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was told the other day by a manager that they were not reordering ammo until further notice. Straight from his mouth, not second hand.

This has been covered in detail in another thread.

The best summary we have is that ammunition is not part of the automatic fulfillment system, is ordered manually, and the vendors can't come up with enough to satisfy need.

So, it's been removed from the order system for now.

It's a supply problem, and likely NOT a corporate scheme.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Well I looked for a press release about this but what I found I think is worse:

http://news.walmart.com/news-archiv...nt-on-white-house-meeting-to-discuss-firearms

Just a taste:

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires."

So I guess no 64 oz. sodas there either...

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Freedom is reduced when you eliminate free speech. Would people be upset if they learned that ink and paper were being eliminated?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    So what

That means more ammo will be avail to local and online dealers

Hasta La Vista Wally World

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Its about financial risk. Nothing more nothing less.

They are only backing off until they see what limits will be imposed. They are a very greedy company. They are either concerned about being hit with aome tax or being unable to sell they ammo they have due to some ban.

Walmart doesn't have an antigun agenda. They have a making money agenda and if itbenefits them someone financially then yes they may spot but that would be the reason not some political agenda

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Its about financial risk. Nothing more nothing less.

They are only backing off until they see what limits will be imposed. They are a very greedy company. They are either concerned about being hit with aome tax or being unable to sell they ammo they have due to some ban.

Walmart doesn't have an antigun agenda. They have a making money agenda and if itbenefits them someone financially then yes they may spot but that would be the reason not some political agenda

Sorry but signing up with moonbat Bloomberg's anything is not a sign of being risk adverse financially.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well, I know for certain that they are not ordering because the WAREHOUSE is o=jut of ammo, but not sure what that means. Could be they are sold out due to high purchase's, could be vendor order has not arrived to them yetm, could be they are not placing any more orders. The manager I spoke with did not knw for sure but wioll speak witht her today and let u know what I find out.

That would be REALLY BAD if they stopped with the most popular rounds.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    TO STU929:

You hit the nail on the head hahahahaha YES they are a very very very greedy company, and it is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!! Nothing more, nothing less.

It is interesting that you say that...just cause I have not heard expressed that way, but that is who they are.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.

Good to hear as they are a price leader on ammo as they are on most things.

If big O offer them a tax break or something financial I say maybe but still unlikely. Or the reverse the fed punished companies that opposed thier views on guns.

What it all comes down too though is they cannot get the ammo just like everyone else. When they finally get it back in their dcs the stores will get back a little at a time.

This isn't like cheap t shirts from china..... its ammo which was already at times scarce and the price had already been increasing as it was as supply was tight. They can't outsource it to someone else they are at the mercy of their vendors who are undoubtedly getting hammered by the buyer at walmart about the amount of time to fill an order.

They like to be bullies and be first in line but no company can handle a 700-1000x increase in business over night. Most companies can't handle growth in the teens (if they are a mature company) much less what we have seen recently on ammo and firearms.

Here is an analogy.... Walmart bans Twinkies orders.....well that's silly they aren't banning them thw company decided to close they can't continue to supply them... correct there is no supply so walmart will stop the crazy orders bekng sent it. Doesn't mean that walmart has decided to conspire again all the Twinkie loving americans out there. They don't produce ths item in question so other than threatening a vendor there is northing the can do to improve instock conditions other than limiting the orders placed to allow the logistics network to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom